General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photographers: Lets See Your HiRes/HDR Truck Photos

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 03:27 PM

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
Default Photographers: Lets See Your HiRes/HDR Truck Photos

As much as I hate seeing a million different "Lets see your...." threads. I need to see some nice high quality photos of trucks before I can justify going out and buying a camera and software that I can hardly afford.

If you don't mind, post which camera/lens/editing software and techniques you used.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:23 PM

Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts

My Iphone does it.... I guess.
Also pretty sure the D5100 also takes HDR without the need for software.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:30 AM

Received 387 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by larwood91
As much as I hate seeing a million different "Lets see your...." threads. I need to see some nice high quality photos of trucks before I can justify going out and buying a camera and software that I can hardly afford.

If you don't mind, post which camera/lens/editing software and techniques you used.
A few pieces of advice. If you cant afford it, dont buy it. Secondly, if you do not have A LOT of time to dedicate to learning and practicing with a DSLR, again, dont buy it.

Many folks have the misconception that the CAMERA takes great pictures because it cost $800. Total BS, the PERSON with the camera makes the picture, not the camera. Buying a DSLR and expecting it to make magic pictures out of the box is not going to happen. Cant tell you how many "why dont my pictures look like yours" threads I read every day on the camera forums, so sad.

A high end point and shoot and can take just as good quality/res. photos as a DSLR, will cost less, be more user friendly and in the end make for a better buyer experience.

Also, HDR, kind of a fad right now. HDR, IMO, does not really lend itself very well to vehicle photography. Unless you are VERY accomplished at photo editing with a serious program, not a plug-in, you will find yourself getting "halos" around the vehicles and an overall unpleasant and very fake looking image. HDR works best for landscapes and is most tastefully done by making an image that does NOT look HDR, I know its sounds weird, but that should be your goal.

Not trying to be pushy or a dick, but with the overall tone of your OP I do not think a DSLR would be a wise investment, again, unless you are going to make a serious commitment both in money and time, more so time. I have WAYYYY too much invested in my equipment as a hobbyist. Every time I look inside my Pelican case at my gear I cant help to see a pretty decent used car sitting in there, ha ha.

If you would like some more information and or recommendations, let me know, id be happy to help.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:55 AM
Jordan

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Zis work? I have yet to see a clearer picture of my truck, the best I'm thinking is magazine status. Took it with a D50, that's all I know. Damn shoulda no-touch'ed the tires...

Old 01-30-2012, 12:00 PM

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the response BucketMan. Forgive me, the first post sounds ignorant. I'm very well aware that I can't just go drop $1000+ and magically be a pro photographer. I can afford it comfortably, I was just making a joke because I know a lot of the times these pieces of equipment aren't cheap. I've been wanting to start to get into photography as a hobby for a while now I'm just now getting more serious about it. I think I'm starting to outgrow my $90 Cybershot.

This could probably be moved to off topic if there aren't pics.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:17 PM
Palmetto Pride

Received 198 Likes on 152 Posts

Pics taken by my Nikon D40x with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX Nikkor Zoom Lens edited with Adobe Photoshop
Attached Thumbnails Photographers: Lets See Your HiRes/HDR Truck Photos-dsc_0042.jpg   Photographers: Lets See Your HiRes/HDR Truck Photos-dsc_0004.jpg   Photographers: Lets See Your HiRes/HDR Truck Photos-dsc_0476.jpg  
Old 01-30-2012, 12:24 PM

Received 1,390 Likes on 664 Posts

These are the only pics of my truck with my DSLR. Its new to me and Im still learning it but its fun. I agree that the camera doesnt always make the photographer but having better tools for the job will always allow you to do better work if you know how to manipulate it. I enjoy my DSLR more for landscape shots than vehicle shots.

Canon Rebel XS 18-55 lens.

This pic is just screwing around with the HDR option on my iPhone. I like a well done HDR photo but they have to be done right or they look silly IMO.

Last edited by kozal01; 01-30-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:54 PM
Jordan

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

That last one is amazing^^
Old 01-30-2012, 03:04 PM
Zack AKA Doctor guy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here an interior pic my friend and I thought were magazine pic

Photographers: Lets See Your HiRes/HDR Truck Photos-image-36394745.jpg
Attached Thumbnails Photographers: Lets See Your HiRes/HDR Truck Photos-image-1984322918.jpg  
Old 01-30-2012, 08:17 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

If I am not mistaken, larwood would like to see pictures like in this link.

http://flickrhivemind.net/Tags/f150,hdr/Interesting

There are some pretty amazing shots.

Quick Reply: Photographers: Lets See Your HiRes/HDR Truck Photos