Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinion poll: Seats, Bench or Bucket?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 05:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion poll: Seats, Bench or Bucket?

I personally like the thought of letting my girlfriend be able to ride up next to me if she wanted and I also like the free area in the middle between the pass and driver seats that a bench seat allows.

Ive never had buckets with a console, and just by looking, consoles in trucks seem really more suitable for cars. Trucks should be buillt for getting things done, accessibility, stuff like that, IMO.

But I want the opinions of as many people possible who are willing to give them. Im deployed overseas so I cannot try one seat to see which one I like

Im 26, but still, should anything ever happen to my current relationship, Im thinking, what kind of set-up would I want for the front seats of my truck if Im taking a lady out, considering accessibility if we're at the drive-in, or at the end of an evening and we get romantic.

And I just keep thinknig that center console would just act as a barrier or get in the way. No Im 16, but I try to consider a lot before buying.

I will say this, however. The center console does look very nice.

So, any opinions, guys or girls??
Old 11-20-2011, 05:15 AM

I should mention the truck is a 2012 Fx4, Screw, 3.5L

Before its said, I spoke to the dealer, and you can get a bench in an Fx4
Old 11-20-2011, 05:20 AM
Ford Freak

Received 171 Likes on 106 Posts

My FX4 has a consloe that folds up into a seat, or a seat that folds down into a console, the best of both worlds.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by fordfan77
My FX4 has a consloe that folds up into a seat, or a seat that folds down into a console, the best of both worlds.
Is it the same style one as the rectangle, grey, console that folds up and down like on the XLT? If its different, does it look any nicer than the one on the XLT?
Old 11-20-2011, 05:48 AM
Ford Freak

Received 171 Likes on 106 Posts

Don't know what the xlt one looks like, mine has two cup holders on top and a storage compartment on top, two cupholders that slide out under the front bottom, and two more cup holders in back that fold down for the rear, it also has a hidden compartment under the bottom seat cushion, and locks in the up or down position

like this one but black,

Last edited by fordfan77; 11-20-2011 at 05:54 AM. Reason: add a picture
Old 11-20-2011, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by fordfan77
Don't know what the xlt one looks like, mine has two cup holders on top and a storage compartment on top, two cupholders that slide out under the front bottom, and two more cup holders in back that fold down for the rear, it also has a hidden compartment under the bottom seat cushion, and locks in the up or down position

like this one but black,
I was worried that it would look tacky, having an fx4 and all with a flip up console, but this one with the seats and console looks pretty dam nice, not tacky at all.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:47 AM

Received 107 Likes on 59 Posts

I got the bench seats with the fold up console because with 8 grandchildren, we often haul 6 people. The fold up console in our 2010 had lots of room for our stuff we like to have handy.

So I got the same thing in my 2012. The console looked bigger and they also added a head rest. We were shocked when we opened up the console. There was not near the room in the new truck. It looks like a bunch of wasted space under the fold up cover.

I also looked at a 2012 with bucket seats. The console was huge, had much more room for stuff, coins etc. So your choice is do you want your girlfriend to be able to sit next to you and give up the extra storage space of the bucket seat model.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:39 AM

I like having my console in the middle.......I like my own space...
Old 11-21-2011, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by deerhunter42
I got the bench seats with the fold up console because with 8 grandchildren, we often haul 6 people. The fold up console in our 2010 had lots of room for our stuff we like to have handy.

So I got the same thing in my 2012. The console looked bigger and they also added a head rest. We were shocked when we opened up the console. There was not near the room in the new truck. It looks like a bunch of wasted space under the fold up cover.

I also looked at a 2012 with bucket seats. The console was huge, had much more room for stuff, coins etc. So your choice is do you want your girlfriend to be able to sit next to you and give up the extra storage space of the bucket seat model.
I actually dont mind there being not much room in the console/ I think theres more storage under the seat too. But a very minimal amt of storage is all I like in my console. So, I think Ive made my choice... Bench. Thanks for the posts and opinions
Old 11-21-2011, 08:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stoptryingtoreadthis
I personally like the thought of letting my girlfriend be able to ride up next to me if she wanted and I also like the free area in the middle between the pass and driver seats that a bench seat allows.

Ive never had buckets with a console, and just by looking, consoles in trucks seem really more suitable for cars. Trucks should be buillt for getting things done, accessibility, stuff like that, IMO.

But I want the opinions of as many people possible who are willing to give them. Im deployed overseas so I cannot try one seat to see which one I like

Im 26, but still, should anything ever happen to my current relationship, Im thinking, what kind of set-up would I want for the front seats of my truck if Im taking a lady out, considering accessibility if we're at the drive-in, or at the end of an evening and we get romantic.

And I just keep thinknig that center console would just act as a barrier or get in the way. No Im 16, but I try to consider a lot before buying.

I will say this, however. The center console does look very nice.

So, any opinions, guys or girls??
I AGREE WITH HIM 100%... YET I opted for the bucket seats

Quick Reply: Opinion poll: Seats, Bench or Bucket?