Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok, I'm a little paranoid...

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 10:59 PM
NPC

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Ok, I'm a little paranoid...

Bought first F150 1 month ago. Always driven Chevys with zero issues. Came to this forum to learn about my truck, which I certainly have. Thank you for that. My problem I'd I read so many complaints I'm becoming a nut job about squeaks, rattles, ac not cooling, etc. don't get me wrong, tons of awesome info and people, just makes me nervous reading some of the posts.

I'm sure Chevy/Ram sites are the same, just haven't been on them.

So far my truck has been terrific. May take a breather from this forum so I can regain my sanity

Just wondered if others had similar feelings at times.

Again, I realize more bad is posted than good as that is human nature and this is a great place to find help. I'm just becoming neurotic!
Old 07-06-2013, 11:09 PM

Received 479 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by NPC
Again, I realize more bad is posted than good as that is human nature and this is a great place to find help. I'm just becoming neurotic!
You answered your own fears right there. It's the same on all sites. Lots of people come to these sites for problems while many other content people don't know they exist. My suggestion if you're too paranoid is subscribe to a concern thread and if you have an issue down the road you can go back and and see the fix in place.

PS: My air conditioning is working great and blows very cold. We had 106 degrees with humidity today my AC was great!

Last edited by Azuri; 07-06-2013 at 11:29 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:47 AM
Truck Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My Life Is too busy/full to worry about what 'might' happen and
In the real world a truck without a few rattles, well that's just not right.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the same boat, I am driving my first Ford and became aware of every creek and squeak in the truck. However the truck has been great with no troubles at all. Relax and enjoy.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:42 AM

Received 130 Likes on 104 Posts

If your a Chevy guy driving your first Ford your going to be paranoid any way. My dad was a ford man and I remember when he bought a Chev he hated to even change the oil in it. Lol I've driven and worked on all of them and at the end of the day they all break down. I always tell my customers when they ask what truck to buy the one that makes you feel good when you slip behind the wheel. Of course I always buy a Ford and would not even think about a Chev lol
Just go lurk on the Chevy forum for a hour or two I think you will be happy your here
The following users liked this post:
03heritageboyjr (07-07-2013)
Old 07-07-2013, 08:53 AM

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

I'm the same way. Even worse on long trips. I start to venture on the "what if I broke down" road. I'm hugely **** about squeaks and rattles. They drive me nuts. My last truck was a chevy and it had a rattle that no shop could find and it played a big part in why I sold it. As sad as that is lol
Old 07-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

Overthinking anything will drive one nuts. Drive the truck, and enjoy. It will be fine. Like one of my old LT's use to say, "Don't sweat he petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things".
Old 07-07-2013, 08:10 PM

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

There's an old saying among airplane pilots - All engines run rougher over water.

In a very related way, spending time on this forum may cause you to believe you can sense your truck having all kinds of problems, which would not have been noticable without the prompting provided by folks here discussing their issues. Just try to enjoy your truck and don't worry about things that may or may not happen.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:41 PM
misses 3 on the tree

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

I fully relate to the OP. I thought my A/C worked just fine. After reading a thread about the minuscule amount of freon Ford puts in now I am not so sure.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:34 AM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. That's why you have a warranty.

Quick Reply: Ok, I'm a little paranoid...