General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil fluid extractor

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil fluid extractor

has anyone used an extractor vs pulling drain plug to change oil 2.7 eco boost? if so, can you advise of the procedure and what product you would recommend? Ford tells me you cannot insert a siphon hose down dipstick tube as Ford has designed tube in such a way as to discourage home do it yourself oil chnages?? Wouldnt be the first time they have lied to me if this is incorrect. Thanks, folks
Old 07-12-2019, 12:36 PM

Received 563 Likes on 402 Posts

Ford is correct. The dip stick resides in a chamber located inside the oil pan and cannot siphon all of the oil from there.

What's wrong with the old fashion way of removing the drain plug?
Old 07-12-2019, 02:37 PM

Received 1,000 Likes on 667 Posts

My boat engine has a dipstick purposely designed by Volvo for suction oil extraction. The top of the dipstick is actually threaded for the extraction fitting.

Then, years ago, I came across the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve. When I installed the valve, I caught the oil remnants after sucking air at the dipstick.

I had a little over 8 ounces of oil left, after extracting from a purposely designed dipstick.

So it depends on what your standards are, since the dirtiest oil is probably what is left behind.

BTW, when I do my boat now, I let it drain overnight. It does not cost anything extra.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:10 PM

thanks so much...this explains it.....I have mobility issues from Afghanistan and I was looking at an easier way to complete this task.......thanks again for your assistance.....
Old 07-12-2019, 04:11 PM

thanks....much appreciated
Old 04-02-2020, 01:10 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Attached to wrong post.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:26 PM
Papermaker24

Received 347 Likes on 272 Posts

Harbor Freight.....but I guess it doesnt matter because of the design....
Old 04-03-2020, 03:25 PM

Received 260 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by zappa150
thanks so much...this explains it.....I have mobility issues from Afghanistan and I was looking at an easier way to complete this task.......thanks again for your assistance.....

If you lived near me in Clinton Tennessee, I would change your oil for free, if you brought the oil and filter...…………..

Sorry for Posting on a 9 month old Thread...…...

Last edited by David Young; 04-03-2020 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-03-2020, 07:42 PM
Young Old Man

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by zappa150
Thank you for your service and your sacrifice.

I have used the fluid extractor from Harbor Freight and was very disappointed with it's performance. It does work, it's just very slow using the small tubes. Gravity drain will prob be your best bet. You know, many lube and filter places have discounts for Vets. I used the old Lube Stop and they'd give me 25% off, and I always got their cheapest synthetic blend oil, cost me around $40. With the prices at the parts stores, can't barely change your own oil cheaper than that. Also, there are programs for injured Vets that other Vets volunteer their time to come help out with things like that. I actually help some guys around my location regularly. I know it might be difficult to accept help, but your brothers in arms are willing to help, plus you'll make a new friend or two. Semper Fi

Edit: oh I just saw this is an old thread, oh well

Quick Reply: oil fluid extractor