General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM retractable bed side steps

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 06:21 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Default OEM retractable bed side steps

Does anyone have these? How do you like them?
Tried a search but could not find any discussion.
I am seriously thinking about them. Anyone have them for sale?
Thanks for your input
Old 11-04-2012, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I think they are great

We camp and carry firewood in the bed. Steps are very handy for accessing front of bed. Also helps when tying down ladders etc.
You have to keep these clean and lightly lubed in winter.
Removed from 09 and installed on 012. Frame mounting holes already there.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Meaner than ymeski56

Received 457 Likes on 331 Posts

I've thought about getting these as well to be able to get to the middle of my toolbox and bed easier. Winter may be rough on them but I'm sure a spray with WD40 or diesel will keep them in good shape
Old 11-04-2012, 12:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have them on my '13 with 6.5' bed - I really like them. I also carry firewood in the bed for camping, as well as other items. They definitely help to get things out of the front of the bed. I'm also getting a 'camper top' installed this week and plan to carry kayaks on the rack on top of the camper top - the bedside steps will be highly useful with that.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:20 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I got them on my 2013, and at first I wasn't sure if I wanted them or not. I'm used to just standing on the tire to reach in the side of the back. But now that I have them I wonder how I ever lived with out them on my last truck!
Old 11-04-2012, 01:50 PM

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

not to thread jack, but does anyone know if they will fit on a 5'5" box (short bed)? Or is it 6'5" and 8' beds only?
Old 11-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Meaner than ymeski56

Originally Posted by Italianbuca
not to thread jack, but does anyone know if they will fit on a 5'5" box (short bed)? Or is it 6'5" and 8' beds only?
They will not fit on a 5.5' bed
Old 01-16-2013, 11:22 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I just bought a set of these off of craigslist. Not knowing the hardware that should've been included I didn't any of it. Anybody know where to pick the mounting kits or can I simply by normal nuts and bolts and attach it to the frame?
Old 01-16-2013, 11:34 PM
Meaner than ymeski56

Originally Posted by KWJS12
I just bought a set of these off of craigslist. Not knowing the hardware that should've been included I didn't any of it. Anybody know where to pick the mounting kits or can I simply by normal nuts and bolts and attach it to the frame?
I was missing one when I bought mine and found out you can't buy the hardware by itself. It uses a clip system that goes in the frame as a nut for the bolt to go in. I'm sure you could find a way to do it with regular nuts and bolts but I'll let you know that even with the right hardware was a bit of a PITA. Best of luck and maybe your Ford dealer could get them but I know Tasca can't.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:53 AM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by XtraLargeTall
I was missing one when I bought mine and found out you can't buy the hardware by itself. It uses a clip system that goes in the frame as a nut for the bolt to go in. I'm sure you could find a way to do it with regular nuts and bolts but I'll let you know that even with the right hardware was a bit of a PITA. Best of luck and maybe your Ford dealer could get them but I know Tasca can't.
I haven't looked at my frame yet because I just bought these before work and I am just getting home now, but does the truck atleast have the clip/nut bolt already in the frame? I might have the bolt part numbers from a different site, but this just seems so stupid to have to track this crap down.

Quick Reply: OEM retractable bed side steps