General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now I'm glad I got an 08'......

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 03:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now I'm glad I got an 08'......

This morning I pulled the trigger, and had the dealer click the "send" button on my factory order.....

Then this evening, I saw a bunch of info, and photos of the all new (or so they call it) 09' F150's......

And I dunno'..... Maybe it will grow on me.... But my initial thought was, "Geeez ! That front end has the "toaster box" styling of a Scion ! Okay.... maybe say, "A Scion on steroids" :-)

Ya' know, I "used to" really like the looks of Chevy's too, especially when fixed up as street trucks, but I think the 08 Chevy's are just flat out, the ugliest trucks on the market ! The thing is though, IMPO, the 09 150's are not far behind.

Okay now, I know that looks aren't everything, but even as fat and ugly as I am, I still wouldn't marry a girl that looked like Marty Feldman ;-) .....no sooner than I'd drive a truck that had the front end of a Scion....

Anyway, since I'm on the subject of looks, I'm not afraid to say, I think the Tundra's look awesome ! .......but more like a "sports car" for a guy that doesn't like to drive cars. They definately look better as a "stand alone vehicle" rather than pulling something.
I think my 08' F150 "Has the most classic lines, of a good looking truck..... that will be used as a truck".

Of course this is all just one self-admitted oddballs personal opinions anyway....

Would love to hear yours....

Peace,
Fish

PS, I think the Titans have great lines too.... But lousy color options....
Old 04-27-2008, 07:59 AM

That's a good looking truck. But i'm with you on the grill...just doesn't fit.

http://www.wooddashexperts.com/custo...at=4683&page=1

I have always the look of that grill, but i'm not sure if it'll fit the 2008 with the different headlights
Old 04-27-2008, 10:13 AM

Default Well....

maybe I'm being a bit hard on the 09'. The side profile looks okay. But yea... that grill !

BTW, I'm getting this grill for my 08' >

This is actually the grill off of an 07' FX2. There are actually lots of horizontal tube, billet style grills available.... But I want to keep my Ford badge :-)

Peace,
Fish
Old 04-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can keep your ford badge with the aftermarket grills. The OEM ford badge "should" have mounting studs on it, which would allow you just attach it between the bars of the aftermarket grill.

I also agree with your thoughts on the 09's. I personally think the the 09 f150 looks like a ford f150 and the ford edge had some retarded baby, and ford decided to run with it.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:04 PM

Default But hey Ty....

we gotta' be careful talking like this ! It won't be long before there are lot of guys on this forum who own them.... In fact, given enough time, most of them will. Of course by the time my 08' is ready for the pasture, the 2020's will certainly look WAY different anyway :-)The side profile of the 09' doesn't look too bad though.... and maybe if you blacked out that big square grill.... I dunno.....Peace,Fish
Old 04-27-2008, 03:32 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I dont care, thats my oppinion and Im going to stick with it....for a while at least, lol

Im actually looking for a new truck now, but Its going to be the same bodystyle that I have now. I love the way they look, and for the brice of a newer base model, I can get a loaded truck in this bodystyle.

Quick Reply: Now I'm glad I got an 08'......