Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noob Questions, probably in wrong place.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Dirt Biker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Noob Questions, probably in wrong place.

So, I couldn't figure out the correct place to put this, maybe the maintenance shop??

Anyways, I need a bit of help, just trying to make my truck a little bit nicer, it's got a few problems, and I think I have solutions, but I figured I'd ask about it. (P.S. My Dad is a toyota master diagnostic technician, so I can get his help, even though he does like fords :P )

This is a 2001, v6, "sport" 2wd f-150.

1. Headlights, they're unfixable, I've tried everything to make them clear again, it's not happening. Can I get new lenses? Maybe some HID bulbs to make it look better? I was thinking of the "halo" lights, as I think they look kind of cool. But some perfectly clear lenses with HID's would be cool too.

2. Hate my current head unit, thinking of a new one with iPod connectivity, any reccomendations? Kinda on the cheap, I'm 17 and have other things to pay for...

3. Front bumper has a dent, and both front and rear bumpers are slightly rusted. I'm thinking going to a junkyard, finding a front bumper that isn't wrecked, and re-paint them both, sounds about right??

4. I've often thought of leveling it, what do y'all think, would it look good? I'm also thinking of painting the wheels in DupliColor "gunmetal." Good idea?

I'll probably think of more questions later.....but this is all for now
Old 02-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

Welcome Honda. You may want to ask these questions in the "97 - 2003" section. More folks that have your generation truck to help.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:52 PM

Received 160 Likes on 148 Posts

As far as headlights best bet is eBay searc Harley or lightning, hids don't look good in the factory or aftermarket lights they scatter the light to much and blind people. The one piece aftermarket lights with the halos and LEDs don't fit well in these trucks but some guys still do them.

You can level it by cranking the torsion bars, cost nothing just make sure you get a front end alignment after you do it so you don't ruin your tires. Level trucks always look better in my opinion.

Junk yard or Craig's list is your best bet for bumpers.

I have a soundstream head unit DVD touch screen with an iPod jack I'll sell you for $50 it's nothing special, it came in my truck when I bought it and I'm changing it out.
Attached Thumbnails Noob Questions, probably in wrong place.-image-4009538313.jpg  

Last edited by jollyroger331; 02-06-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Noob Questions, probably in wrong place.