General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New here and I need some Help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 08:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default New here and I need some Help.

Unfortunately my introduction will start with a problem with my truck. This morning the Telescopic Steering Wheel started to make a louder noise than the normal. I had this feature in my old truck and I know how the Telescopic automatic wheel works when you move it up and down or in and out. My truck is almost 2 weeks old and today started the problem when I put the ignition key in the wheel, moving forward to me or out the noise is louder now. When I turn the car off the Steering Wheel moves away and the noise is the same louder. But when I move it up and down It sounds like It should " normal ".
Can some one let me know if I'm crazy or did anyone notice this difference on noise.

I took it to the dealer and the Technician says it may be normal, because things change their noise operation when you use it. They brought a new one to compare and test it on both trucks. When we tried the 2 trucks, the new one was making a little more noise moving it up and down than my truck. Moving it in and out mine was making a louder noise.

I know my truck wasn't making this louder noise before when I was turning the car on or off and the noise that it does when operation is little louder than before or louder than normal. The Technician replied to me that changing the Telescopic Steering Column can be done but he says the noise may not stop or the noise will be different like the other new truck.

I don't know what to do and I'm upset because I'm thinking on a good way to comeback to the dealer and make them replace the part. Should this will be the best idea?

Any recommendations or inputs will be appreciated.

George.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:45 PM

Default noise

And?? What truck do you own, model, options, we cannot answer a question without info.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:44 AM

I got the F 150 Platinum V6 Eco Boost.

Quick Reply: New here and I need some Help.