Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new Ford guy and need help on handling a problem

Old 03-19-2015, 04:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default new Ford guy and need help on handling a problem

A little over a week ago I purchased a 2014 CPO(certified pre own) F150 4x4 supercrew XLT, from my local Ford Dealer.
I noticed a few days ago that this truck was in an accident. I am pissed I didn't notice it before I bought it. But here is the issue I have, whoever did the body work did it poorly, the driver front fender was replaced (all the bolts have the paint chipped off and there is bad overapray on the door frame) and the driver door (no factory plates as in Vin/weight/tire), the paint on the driver door is bad there is a large sag in it. I can't tell if the rear door was replaced, I haven't look at it that close enough I am still stewing over the obvious signs that I skipped over because of what I thought was a certified pre owned truck. I bought the clean history report hook line and sinker.

I have done some research and I guess they can certify cars that have been in accidents. Can anyone confirm this for Ford specifically?

Long story short, what can I do? Am I now one of those examples of buyer beware that I always preached? I expected more, from an actual Ford Dealership. The only thing I can say is if I had the accident and the truck looked like it does after the repair I would not accept it and most people wouldn't especially on their new truck.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Still in shock at the moment. Mainly because I way overpaid assuming the truck was clean.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you discussed the issue with your dealer? If so, will they do anything for you? = that's the first step.

Did the dealer disclose the accident to you at the time of purchase - depending on state law, the seller may be required to disclose the accident to you (regardless of "certified pre-owned policy".) If the dealer doesn't work with you, your next step may be to discuss with a lawyer.

With the discounts/rebates on new 2014s, I would have a hard time even looking at a used truck from that year.

Last edited by Davidkc01; 03-19-2015 at 07:40 AM.
The following users liked this post:
GWGorham (03-23-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 08:11 AM
Underground Rock Hound

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Davidkc01
Have you discussed the issue with your dealer? If so, will they do anything for you? = that's the first step.

Did the dealer disclose the accident to you at the time of purchase - depending on state law, the seller may be required to disclose the accident to you (regardless of "certified pre-owned policy".) If the dealer doesn't work with you, your next step may be to discuss with a lawyer.

With the discounts/rebates on new 2014s, I would have a hard time even looking at a used truck from that year.
I agree. Take the truck back to the dealer, insist that they accept it in trade at full value on a spanky new 2014.
GWGorham (03-23-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 09:58 AM

I am heading to the dealer directly after work, I needed a cooling down if you know what I mean.
It all took place in Oregon I don't believe Oregon has a discloser law, and no one disclosed the accident to me, in fact when they brought out the car history report they specifically said "its clean no accidents" that's what tweaks me because if they did the "172 point" they would know it was.
Well let's hope they accept the trade in, that would be what I want, I don't want to truck fixed, I want what I paid for.
also I am blown away after what I am reading on here what people paid for new 2014's, the sales guy never even discussed new with me. Sleezy that's what I have chalked this up as at this point, like something you would expect from one of those bad credit car lots.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:12 PM

Received 108 Likes on 91 Posts

That's BS! Throw a fit. You raise your voice in the dealership and they want to calm you down as fast as they can so you don't scare off other customers.
GWGorham (03-23-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 01:29 PM
Underground Rock Hound

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

It could be that previous owner had the damage repaired on his own in which case the report would be clean. Remember to be calm and courteous. Catch more fleas with honey...
Old 03-19-2015, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Jjayf
It could be that previous owner had the damage repaired on his own in which case the report would be clean. Remember to be calm and courteous. Catch more fleas with honey...
Absolutely , that's part of the reason I didn't go straight down there when I noticed.
That being said, according to the 172 point checklist by ford and my understanding of the CPO, if there is any non motorcraft parts they are to be replaced with motorcraft parts. Looking at the front fender it doesn't look to be motorcraft (me peeking on the inside of the panel vs the passenger side), and there is some missing weather seal on the door.
Can anyone confirm the location of the tire plate and Vin/born date on a 2014 f150? Because I can't find it anywhere. It's normally on the driver door or body in the jam on most cars.
GWGorham (03-23-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 02:50 PM

Received 108 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Jjayf
There's no way the dealership didn't notice if they actually gave the vehicle the inspection they claim to give each vehicle
Old 03-19-2015, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2007 f 150

truck has been in storage for 6 months the battary was run down i recharged and when i reinstald the bat posts there was a sound of clicking from under the back seat or i that area what could it be
Old 03-19-2015, 03:10 PM

Gerry did you mean to make a new thread?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new Ford guy and need help on handling a problem