General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New F150

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New F150

I just bought a 2003 F150 with 195XXX miles and its got a few problems that I'm trying to diagnose. I've never owned an F150 before and am hoping a few people might be able to point me in the right direction. Here's what I'm dealing with:

1. the brake pedal bounces back and forth when slowing, which I think is just due to warped rotors.

2. When I lay on the brakes hard the engine cuts out. I heard that there is a vacuum line going to the brake booster that could be the culprit, or even the brake booster itself of course.

3. The truck shakes a moderate amount while accelerating. Not sure what to think about that one.

4. While I was driving home the night I bought it the lights slowly dimmed until the power cut out and the truck drifted to a stop on the side of the road. I'm guessing the alternator, but I should probably check to see if the battery is holding a charge first.

If anyone has any experience with these issues and might know how I should go about dealing with them then I'd appreciate hearing what you have to say. Thanks!

Quick Reply: New F150