General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the F150//2013 Platinum//Weird noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the F150//2013 Platinum//Weird noise

First full-size pickup truck ever purchased. Found a one-owner Platinum with 113000 miles on it. It has the fuel pump relocation kit already installed and curious if there's anything else that needs to be done to this truck I don't know of yet besides the new recall on the tranny?
I drove it home from the dealer and across town and back. Next drive after that was putting a 4000 lb Toyota Tacoma on it hauling it 400 miles. Being the first time ever towing another vehicle I thought it did great. It held 6th gear much better than expected as well.

**Problem** I've noticed a rubbing and or small vibration sound as of lately. The best way I can describe it is as if the ABS is activating when you feel feedback from the pedal during slippage. I can even feel it in the floorboard. I initially thought it was only during braking at very low speed like leaving the neighborhood, but this is happening with the brakes not applied. I can't seem to find a pattern with it. Thoughts anyone? It's 4x4.

**Update** finally realize the sound is related when the steering is straightening back out after a turn. Definitely sounds like a vibration feels like abs feedback any thoughts?

Last edited by MotoHead; 03-06-2019 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-06-2019, 02:00 PM

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Any chance your tires are rubbing a helper spring?

Quick Reply: New to the F150//2013 Platinum//Weird noise