General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 33's on my 2wd.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 04:14 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Default New 33's on my 2wd.

What's up guys? I figured I would post a thread about the tires I got today since I did a butt load of google searching before deciding which size would fit my 2wd, and I kept finding conflicting answers.

My truck is a 2010 SuperCrew 2wd with a 5.4 and 18 inch factory wheels. It should also be said that I have a 1.5 inch AutoSpring level on the front (which I love), and the suspension has 38,000 miles on it. I have been wanting to get a set of BFG A/T 275/70/18s for a while now, but could not find anyone with my same setup to ask how they would fit. I didn't want any rubbing AT ALL, and didn't want to make the wheel well look too stuffed, but def knew I wanted bigger tires.

I found a decent 'out the door price' of $970 at discount tire and decided to check it out. Beforehand I filled the truck with gas, and left about 100 pounds of wood in the back (trying to make it as low as possible).

I was pleasantly surprised to find that there was plenty of room. The tires also didn't 'stuff' the wheel well. After the alignment I took the truck to a parking lot and started making crazy turns at full lock, and nothing, no rub or even close for that matter. Can't really give the tires a good review as I just got them today. So far, if they have road noise I can't hear it over my straight pipes. I did notice a slight loss in 'get-up,' but as to be expected. Not enough to re-gear. Oh yeah I have 3.55, so was really wandering about it. I took a few picks so if anybody is looking at getting these on a 2wd you will have an idea of what they will look like.

Oh yeah, they will make your truck sit noticeably higher. They measure to 33.2 inches I believe, so jumping from factory 31.something will def be noticeable. Anyway, sorry for the long post but wanted to be specific. I guess I should've taken pics of the control arm, but it has pleeenty of room. If anyone is looking to do the same and has any questions just post em' here or send me a pm.

Last edited by PondJumper; 12-17-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:18 PM
PPPPPuppy Power

Received 887 Likes on 653 Posts

Looks good!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:42 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks man. Pretty happy with how they turned out.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks good, I like it
Old 12-17-2012, 10:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the same truck looking at a 2inch leveling kit , then once I wear out the stock rubber stepping up to something like that.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:53 AM
Heat Miser

Received 144 Likes on 115 Posts

You're only about 10.8" wide-which is roughly what the stock tires are, at least on an FX4-so you shouldn't have any problems with rubbing, and your mileage shouldn't take a huge hit either. I bought 305/65/18's, which end up being a couple tenths taller than yours, but almost 2-full inches wider, which I'm convinced is why my mileage has been flushed down the toilet. Next time I'm not going with anything wider than 11.5".
As far as your price...Good Job! BFG's aren't cheap anymore, no matter what friggen size you buy.

Quick Reply: New 33's on my 2wd.