Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2017 F150 Crewcab Got Whammied!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 02:05 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Default New 2017 F150 Crewcab Got Whammied!

I picked up some bad juju with my new truck, perhaps from my very pissed off (about the new truck) wife.

Two days after driving it home, I got a flat tire as I was pulling in to my workplace. All of a sudden, I got an alarm on the dash that said I only had 17psi in the left rear tire. I parked and opened the door and heard the psst of the tire giving it up. It gets better.

OK, it is 11:30 at night and I am at work. I have the Ford Roadside Service and I have the same through my auto insurance company. However, all the documentation on the truck; manuals, ID cards, policies and so forth are at home because I hadn't finished reading them yet. The only thing I could do was call a local towing garage and hire them to change the tire. I am 73 and don't mess with that stuff anymore. The repair truck arrived within the hour and the guy changed the tire without incident. He charged $75 which I thought was reasonable. The next day I had another garage plug the tire and swap it back on the truck. He charged $10 which was reasonable. Both bills added up to $85 and my auto insurance covers roadside service up to $100, so I am golden. I scanned and emailed them the receipts today and filed a claim. I don't anticipate any problems, but what a pain in the butt! Brand new truck, less than 125 miles on it and I get a flat. Haven't had a flat in probably 20 years. My new Ford was whammied by someone. I might live with her...
Old 04-08-2017, 04:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,423 Posts

Welcome to the forum !
That's a bummer about the tire...
Post up a pic of your new truck
Old 04-08-2017, 06:57 AM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by NightWing
I picked up some bad juju with my new truck, perhaps from my very pissed off (about the new truck) wife.

I am 73 and don't mess with that stuff anymore. I might live with her...
73 years old and you have not learned it's a bad idea to PO the wife. You got what you deserved
The following users liked this post:
Ricktwuhk (04-08-2017)
Old 04-08-2017, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by wizwor
73 years old and you have not learned it's a bad idea to PO the wife. You got what you deserved
Well, thanks for the encouraging words.
Aaron F. Ruble (04-08-2017)
Old 04-08-2017, 07:56 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Or, you could have typed "Ford Roadside Assistance" into your phone and you would have found all the info you needed - http://m.ford.com/roadside.html

I laugh, loudly, when I read people that buy things without discussing with their partner (both men and women). Threads where guys say "I bought a bunch of stuff, hope my wife doesn't find out" or "I bought this and put it ____, so when she finds it I can say I had it for a while". Relationships are built on trust, and some people don't get the idea of being open with your spouse. Amazing.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:24 PM

Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricktwuhk
.............. Relationships are built on trust, and some people don't get the idea of being open with your spouse. Amazing.
I agree to a point but I also subscribe to mantra that if the significant others needs are being met and it is not a financial encumbrance, take back ones ball sack that is sitting on the fireplace mantel and get what you want.

Last edited by Undercover Brother; 04-08-2017 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:52 PM

Received 154 Likes on 82 Posts

All true.... pissing off the wife unit is always a bad idea. BUT.... it is still far easier to beg for forgiveness then to ask for permission. And honestly, sleeping on the couch is kind of like camping.... and I LIKE camping!

I do think the wife unit is sending you bad mojo.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:26 PM

Received 884 Likes on 672 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricktwuhk
Or, you could have typed "Ford Roadside Assistance" into your phone and you would have found all the info you needed - http://m.ford.com/roadside.html

I laugh, loudly, when I read people that buy things without discussing with their partner (both men and women). Threads where guys say "I bought a bunch of stuff, hope my wife doesn't find out" or "I bought this and put it ____, so when she finds it I can say I had it for a while". Relationships are built on trust, and some people don't get the idea of being open with your spouse. Amazing.
Some people don't have a sense of humor either.
Old 04-08-2017, 05:20 PM

Well, she went off the deep end when I bought the Goldwing 3 years ago. Eventually she backed off after I bought more life insurance. I sold it in February and it isn't an issue anymore. I still have the life insurance, so it was time for a new Ford.

Her biggest complaint was that I called her at work to ask if she would kill me if I traded my old truck in. She was busy with customers and couldn't talk. It was like Goldwing Deja Vu.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:45 PM

Received 82 Likes on 55 Posts

If I had to ask my wife for permission every time I wanted something, I wouldn't have crap. I made the money and I'll get what I want.
Undercover Brother (04-08-2017)