Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some input/advice on lifts!!

Old 03-21-2014, 01:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation need some input/advice on lifts!!

hey guys,
this is my first post to any forum so bare with me..lol bought my truck 2 years ago brand new and had the dealer throw on a 2" leveling kit. the next day i ordered some 33" toyo open country m/t's, which in my experience are the best tires ive owned, wrapped around 20" chrome fuel hostage, tinted the windows, threw in a little system and now im stuck between a rock and a hard place...because im only 24, going to college and working im trying to budget (keyword trying), but there are those "have to have" things, so anyways...
im stuck in the lifting my truck rut, because i live in Michigan and they put more salt on the roads than fries at a carnival, i prefer running my stock rims/tires in the winter so my chrome wheels dont go to hell. with that in mind im considering a 3" from tuff country but for 800 im only gaining and inch realistically. so im itching towards a 4" from BDS, Rough Country, Fabtech or Rancho. ontop of that i would prefer not to buy new 35's cuz of trimming fears and my 33's are like new, but will more than likely have to depending on the feedback. i need some personal experience, advice, other applications i could put on, feedback on these lifts or some guidance. i know the 6" lifts are only a couple hundred more but since i would like to continue running my stock tires for the winter i dont wanna look completely stupid when i take the big wheels off. i wanna do this right by getting what would be best but keeping it on the cheaper end (pretty contradicting, i know lol). anyone have pictures of a 3" or 4" lif with 33's or 35's? thanks for helping out guys! im pumped to see what everyone says and look around this forum a bit!
Old 03-21-2014, 10:49 PM

I did the fabtech 6" lift on my 2005 f150 and I love it ..
Old 03-21-2014, 10:59 PM

Default Here's a pic

Fabtech 6" lift 20" rockstar 35"mt tires
Attached Thumbnails need some input/advice on lifts!!-image.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
'12_f150_boy (03-22-2014)
Old 03-22-2014, 10:15 AM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts

4 inch is going to look dumb with 33's, too much lift for too little tire. A rough country 4 inch is more of 5 inches of lift. Sell your 33's and pick up a set of 35's, you won't have to trim and you'll probably get okay money for them and find a set of used 35's. Around my parts, used 35's are a dime a dozen.
The following users liked this post:
'12_f150_boy (03-22-2014)
Old 03-22-2014, 04:28 PM

thanks for the input guys. thats a nice looking truck, the fabtech looks good! i agree, the 33's would look dumb and after looking around on here a little bit im pushing for the 4" rancho cuz it seems to be very popular and everyone is saying positive things about em. ill have to get a price on 35's and list an ad on craigslist for my 33's as soon as i order the lift. waiting for my taxes to come back and looking around for the best deal but gunna do it before the rancho promotion ends! looks like i can get 100 back for the 9000 shocks and about 300 for the lift! thanks again for the feedback guys!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need some input/advice on lifts!!