General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help

Hello everybody I'm new here but was wondering how much should a Catalyst cost me n what is all dat I would need to take the engine light off...

I have a 2009 f150 king ranch it's 2wd
It has a straight pipe at da moment with a MagnaFlow. .. engine light came on couple mins. After driving away..this was a yr back.

I just need to know wut would be a reasonable price to return it to stock. Texas truck. Thanx in advance
Old 07-31-2014, 08:01 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Cat $

Don't know about Texas regulations but...have a '97 scab,2wd, 4.6 v8.
This is (was) a California truck. At 228,000 had total cat. converter failure.
four cats and four O2 sensors was (ready for this?) $2,400.00.
Made a new truck out of it though.
God luck.
The following users liked this post:
KINGRANCH_JAL (07-31-2014)
Old 07-31-2014, 08:32 PM
none.

Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

You will need convertor(s) ahead of the downstream convertor, which is what is causing the code; that being the sensor is not detecting exhaust within spec range. So, a pair of magnaflow convertors would work. They arent very expensive, flow well, and are easy to obtain. Now, you have one caveat, you need to find someone to do the work and not make it look like ***....some shops might not want to touch something without convertors as it is a federal violation to manipulate pollution control devices....others may do it for cash.
The following users liked this post:
KINGRANCH_JAL (07-31-2014)
Old 08-01-2014, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I feel you their more strict in California the mechanic I went to about it wanted to put four cats when it only came with one...which automatically made me tell him no it was over 2000 just parts according to him :O

I'm actually gonna look into those converters it's a 2009 f150 king ranch 5.4 engine with only 50 xxx miles on it. Seems like a better deal aslong as it takes dat light off which is really all I'm looking for. As of right now I'm in chicago and I'm thinking of trading in the truck for something newer. Reason I want that light off. Texas tittle and resident tho