General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Ford Contact Number to log complaint about dealer service

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Ford Contact Number to log complaint about dealer service

What number can I call at Ford to log a complaint about a dealers service dept? Is it the (800) 392-3673 number?
When I took my 16 F150 XLT in for service this past week to get an oil change and tire rotation I got the 'hard sell' for the 15,000 mile BG Engine Performance Restoration Service (quoted at 59.95) and the 30,000 Mile BG Fuel System Induction Service (quoted at 249.99)
Some quick internet searches showed how these are profit makers for the service dept and are not included in the F150 Maintenance schedule from Ford itself. I also found the threads on here that discussed the letter that Ford actually sent to their dealer networks telling them to quit pushing these services.
So this, combined with some other issues I've had with the service dept, are the last straw and I am a)going to find a different dealer for service and b) want to log a formal complaint with Ford about it.

Any help is appreciated!
Old 02-08-2018, 11:49 AM

Received 645 Likes on 352 Posts

Thought about researching before saying "yes" instead of after?
Old 02-08-2018, 12:00 PM

Did I say that I said 'yes' to the service??

No, I said I got the hard sell for the service, and the hard sell is what I didn't appreciate.

After doing the research on this and looking at the F150 service schedule and seeing they aren't in there, I talked to the service advisor at the dealership about it this morning as well and was basically lied to about it (saying that they were trained/instructed by Ford to offer these services...)
Old 02-08-2018, 12:13 PM

Received 310 Likes on 238 Posts

Ford is going to tell you that the dealerships are independent and they can't help you.
The following users liked this post:
chimmike (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 12:18 PM

Received 645 Likes on 352 Posts

But did you say yes?
Old 02-08-2018, 01:09 PM
Senile member

Received 1,048 Likes on 732 Posts

so, you don't like that they tried to upsell you on a service?
Or you think they misrepresented those services as 'suggested maintenance'?
Old 02-08-2018, 01:22 PM

Received 116 Likes on 67 Posts

In all honesty... probably not worth your time or effort.
Best thing you can do... spend your money at a different service department, whether its another Ford dealer or an independent shop - that's up to you.

That's where it hurts them the most.

As well, upsells are a part of any business, doesn't hurt anyone if you say no.

Last edited by butcher73; 02-08-2018 at 01:31 PM. Reason: changed "upsets" to "upsells" - darn autocorrect
Old 02-08-2018, 01:53 PM

I did not elect for the service, as I try to do my research.
I totally feel they misrepresented what they were trying to sell me as part of the 'suggested maintenance'. I would have been fine if they had been transparent about it and sold it as not part of the official Ford maintenance schedule for a vehicle but an aftermarket service they offer.
Agree, the best thing for me to do is just take my business elsewhere
Old 02-08-2018, 07:28 PM

Received 1,000 Likes on 667 Posts

Agree, the best thing for me to do is just take my business elsewhere
OP, you were right in your first post. Ford should be made aware of this dealer's tactics. Ignoring it just lets the dealer screw someone not as well informed as you.

And Ford can definitely put pressure on a dealer. I'm sure there is a clause in their contract that covers this.

Otherwise, why would my dealer push so hard on my last 2 new Ford vehicle surveys, saying that if I could not rate them a 5, to PLEASE contact them before sending it in.

That does not sound like they don't care.

I understand that this survey is about your buying experience, but does Ford really not care about service after the sale? I doubt that.

Read the survey parameters in the PDF below. Note the Service section in Diagram 7.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Customer Satisfaction.pdf (73.0 KB, 707 views)
Old 02-09-2018, 07:32 AM

Received 893 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by All Hat No Cattle

Otherwise, why would my dealer push so hard on my last 2 new Ford vehicle surveys, saying that if I could not rate them a 5, to PLEASE contact them before sending it in.
All new car dealers deal with the same bs with these surveys. If you dont get 5's (or 10's where I worked), it hurts the dealership and the salesman's csi, which is what bonuses are based off of. Where I worked if your average score on a survey was less than 9.7, you were screwed.

Quick Reply: Need Ford Contact Number to log complaint about dealer service