Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advise on Tonneau cover

Old 05-09-2011, 12:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Need advise on Tonneau cover

I want to put a tonneau cover on my truck. I found this on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Roll-...fAccesso ries
What do you guys think of this style of cover? Will the velcro hold up or will I see my cover flying away as I drive down the interstate.... Also, can these covers be installed if I have a drop-in bedliner?
Old 05-09-2011, 04:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try the extang revolution. I have had several covers in the past and to me this is the best one made. Plus it has lifetime warranty on all parts. No Velcro or snaps to deal with and I have had no leakage of water even after washing with a pressure washer.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:14 AM
PJB

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

What would scare me away is how the brand of the cover isnt mentioned once in the whole ad.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by PJB
What would scare me away is how the brand of the cover isnt mentioned once in the whole ad.
Well, it's a fairly inexpensive item. I would not mind it if it was not the best in the market but I definitely would not want to buy a useless POS.... I asked the seller to send me the installation instructions to see if I can learn more about it.

Originally Posted by Buzz11699
Try the extang revolution. I have had several covers in the past and to me this is the best one made. Plus it has lifetime warranty on all parts. No Velcro or snaps to deal with and I have had no leakage of water even after washing with a pressure washer.
That's a nice cover, but it's more than twice the price and apparently not available for the 1994 F150....

Last edited by blade z51; 05-09-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:53 AM
lost my Car again...

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

I have a tonneau cover on my 94 its held on by snaps its a real nice set up its all aluminum with just 4 small clamps holding the frame to the bed if i leave a corner un snapped it will slowly unsnap its self at 35 mph Velcro is probably not the best thing for a cover lol depending on how much cash you have to spend and what you are looking for there are many good economical tonneau covers from the best of the best hard tops like diamond back or to the el cheapos like the Velcro ones always be careful of Ebay hope this helps you out good luck finding the right tannueau cover heres one that i want to get its a roll up one it dosnt sit ontop of the rails and scratch the paint
http://www.jcwhitney.com/access-vani...uestid=3045888

Last edited by TheCollector; 05-09-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:45 PM

I miss my old cover and was thinking about getting one for my new truck.
What I didn't like about my old Extang with snaps was you could not get that sucker on when it was cold outside. Summer no problems.
Anyone have experience with a cover thats easy to get on in the winter?
I take it on and off to get my ATV in back and I just put the cover in the back seat of the cab.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:13 PM
lost my Car again...

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ECHO-313
I miss my old cover and was thinking about getting one for my new truck.
What I didn't like about my old Extang with snaps was you could not get that sucker on when it was cold outside. Summer no problems.
Anyone have experience with a cover thats easy to get on in the winter?
I take it on and off to get my ATV in back and I just put the cover in the back seat of the cab.
yeah I have that problem as well I really want to get a diamondback cover but its abit out of my price range
Old 05-21-2011, 09:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i know two people with the extang trifecta. it is easy to install and looks good and hasn't leaked with the recent heavy rains. i was also looking at the extang revolution and other low profile covers but haven't made a decision yet.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Ford Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ford man

I have an 03 supercrew and get a snap on for $60 bucks but I have bed rails on it and don't want to take them off. Can I still use the cover? I also have a bed liner. Guess I may need to do some mods to the liner if it can work with the rails.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:35 AM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

cant beat the diamond back , alittle pricey but it will serve you well. Had one on my silverado i just sold for 6 years, goes on in 10 mnutes or so and comes off the same. The guy i sold the truck to didnt want it ,so i'm going to try and fit it up on my 150 today.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need advise on Tonneau cover