General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2011 FX4 is a POS

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2011 FX4 is a POS

Time to move on from Ford. Quality has gone to the crapper. First problem...after 3 years the finish on my wheels started to chip off on all 4 wheels. To the point now that they are really looking bad. Next problem was my sunroof broke. Some of the parts that slide in the track busted. Dealer wants $2.200 to fix it....GTHO! It's a very well documented problem on the internet with 2010-2015, but Ford won't stand behind the well know problem. Next, my a/c and heater started making a loud knocking noise when you turn it on. It will knock real loud 4 or 5 times, and now I can't control the fan speed...it's on high all the time, of off. Just read that that is another $2,000 plus repair. FML.

Last edited by TNBass; 11-21-2017 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:12 PM
SSDD

Received 1,611 Likes on 1,125 Posts

Hmmm....
Did you have the A/C refrigerant checked...? If it's low...it'll knock.
I wouldn't say it's a POS....things break. It's almost a seven year old truck....unfortunately things will start to break. Rims are ground level and roads aren't exactly friendly. Not trying to dissuade you, just think it's a jump calling it a POS. I had to replace my compressor when the truck was 7 years old. It's rather cheap if you DIY. Oh well. I do sort of agree with the roof, seems rather well documented.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:24 PM

Yeah, it's the A/C door actuator. The wheels are definitely a defect. The paint/finish is peeling of the same way on every wheel...not due to rock chips. Just frustrated to spend this kind of money on a vehicle and have these expensive problems. I didn't have these any expensive problems like this with Toyota.

Originally Posted by SCORGE
Hmmm....
Did you have the A/C refrigerant checked...? If it's low...it'll knock.
I wouldn't say it's a POS....things break. It's almost a seven year old truck....unfortunately things will start to break. Rims are ground level and roads aren't exactly friendly. Not trying to dissuade you, just think it's a jump calling it a POS. I had to replace my compressor when the truck was 7 years old. It's rather cheap if you DIY. Oh well. I do sort of agree with the roof, seems rather well documented.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:23 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

As mentioned it's 7 years old, warranty on those items is 3yr/36k miles. Hate to say it but you should have bought an extended warranty to cover those items longer.

If you think your going to get better quality with another brand, lets just say you won't find it, they all have their problems. Machines wear out no two ways around that except buying a warranty that runs longer, there's a reason Ford trucks are the best selling vehicle for over 40 years or so.

In any event good luck on your quest but I'd be willing to wager you'll be back in a Ford truck before 3 years.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:29 PM

All I can go off of is what I've experienced. Also had a 2002 FX4, and had some issues with it as well. Haven't had engine issues with Fords, just everything else. Cosmetics, wheels, A/C, sunroof, speakers, etc, etc. Wife has a 2004 4-Runner with 185K on it, and we've literally done nothing to it other than scheduled maintenance...zero issues.

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
As mentioned it's 7 years old, warranty on those items is 3yr/36k miles. Hate to say it but you should have bought an extended warranty to cover those items longer.

If you think your going to get better quality with another brand, lets just say you won't find it, they all have their problems. Machines wear out no two ways around that except buying a warranty that runs longer, there's a reason Ford trucks are the best selling vehicle for over 40 years or so.

In any event good luck on your quest but I'd be willing to wager you'll be back in a Ford truck before 3 years.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:38 PM
SSDD

Received 1,611 Likes on 1,125 Posts

I guess I come from a different realm of thought. You have an awesome looking truck, the thing is gorgeous. Why not fix the couple of things wrong with it and enjoy it more? The blend door/blower resistor wouldn't cost much to DIY. IDK about the rims, I assume you live up north, maybe salt damage to you rims?
Whatever you decide, good luck. If you decide to stick with it, there are plenty of knowledgeable people here who can help you fix the issues yourself and save you tons. Sunroof is the only thing I can sort of agree on, but that opinion may be misplaced as I don't own your generation of truck.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:38 PM

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

How many is on your truck.....did you buy it new...used....also how is the truck used and what kind of life has it had? If you bought it in 2010-11 brand new and now has 12k on it yea maybe a Right to be mad, on that note not driving a vehicle is almost harder than beating the tar out of it. If you bought the truck used 4 years ago and had 120+k on it and had a horrible life is that the trucks fault? Not pointing fingers or blame but more info may help.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:39 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Comparing an suv to a pu truck is apples and oranges. Go buy a Tundra optioned like your Ford and see how long it lasts, that is if you can get over the cheezy low quality interiors they come with.
The following users liked this post:
tuckr2 (11-21-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 03:42 PM

Thank you. I live in Louisiana.

Originally Posted by SCORGE
I guess I come from a different realm of thought. You have an awesome looking truck, the thing is gorgeous. Why not fix the couple of things wrong with it and enjoy it more? The blend door/blower resistor wouldn't cost much to DIY. IDK about the rims, I assume you live up north, maybe salt damage to you rims?
Whatever you decide, good luck. If you decide to stick with it, there are plenty of knowledgeable people here who can help you fix the issues yourself and save you tons. Sunroof is the only thing I can sort of agree on, but that opinion may be misplaced as I don't own your generation of truck.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:43 PM

Honestly, I'm starting to think that simpler is better. I agree that Toyota's bells and whistles are lacking, but it's less probs to worry about down the road.

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
Comparing an suv to a pu truck is apples and oranges. Go buy a Tundra optioned like your Ford and see how long it lasts, that is if you can get over the cheezy low quality interiors they come with.