General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MPT is a pile of (take a guess)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 02:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MPT is a pile of (take a guess)

I would go into detail of what I have been dealing with but it is much easier and more permanent if I take videos.

these are saved on multiple devices
Old 09-27-2015, 11:08 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

So you have flashed back to stock and everything works?
Old 09-27-2015, 11:21 AM

I can't go to stock I have a boss intake. I tried switching over to a lower octane boss tune and thats when I started recording the first video.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:29 AM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

Have you contacted MPT? What have they said?

Getting on the interweb and bashing them without providing details is pretty childish. Did YOU install the Boss? Any other mods YOU installed? Possible YOU forgot to hook something up or provided them with wrong data? Did your truck have the latest update from Ford like MPT says?

Wayne
Old 09-27-2015, 12:31 PM

Yeah buddy they are not open on the weekend. Watch the second video and see if thats normal. Hell I will trade you vehicles if you don't think anything is wrong.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:31 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

So just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, you have a custom tune which is causing your truck to do weird things but haven't actually contacted MPT or asked them about it yet, instead just took some videos and posted em on youtube and the forum?

Why don't you give them a chance to actually help you with it before bashing em? Pick up the phone and give them a call during regular business hours when they are open so they can help you with your tune. I mean, that is what is going to actually fix your problem isn't it?

Just about every review on the forum and also from my own personal dealings with MPT over the past several years, shows that they have great customer service and willing and able to go above and beyond for their customers but they obviously can't help you if you don't let em know about any potential issues and give em a chance to correct anything if needed.

Last edited by Franchi Motorsports; 09-27-2015 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:53 PM

I started yesterday and I have sent them a few emails. As stated they happen to not be open on the weekends.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:57 PM

I have had problems with them since I bought my first tune just over a year ago. The original problem has never been fixed. This is not a bash this is the truth. I literally cannot drive my truck anymore. It is not safe to do so. When traveling 35mph and the truck slams into first gear, locks up the rear end, and I hit a curb is not what I want from my vehicle.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:02 PM

Not to mention that while driving with my friend before the first video was made I let off the gas pedal and the truck started accelerating. I then changed over to a lower octane tune to see if the tune was corrupted. That didn't fix anything and I made the first video. I then pulled over disconnected the battery to see if a reset might fix the issue. Guess what didn't happen.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:17 PM

Received 3,932 Likes on 2,510 Posts

That's a bummer. My MPT tunes have been awesome.

Quick Reply: MPT is a pile of (take a guess)