General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memorial Day Weekend roadtrip

Old 05-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Derek from Pa

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Memorial Day Weekend roadtrip

I took my new truck out this weekend for a roadtrip to break in the motor. The overall trip was just over 500 miles. I left home, went to I79 through Pittsburgh to avoid highway driving as much as possible. Took I79 to US62, plus a stop at Grove City Outlets for the girlfriend. Funny thing, she forgot her wallet in the truck... Once we got back on the road we took 62 to PA-666. Rode with the devil for awhile, about 35 miles or so. Stopped at took some pictures along the way. From Pa-666 I took 948 into Ridgeway and stopped for the day at my uncle's camp.

The next morning we took off, and took Pa-36 through Brookville and Punxsutawney. Funny how that town adores a groundhog. Got a few cool pics in Punxsy before heading south to Altoona. Looked for a Giant Eagle (local supermarket) that my girlfriend's gps said was there. Appearantly it was well hidden. Took some backroads, not even sure what they were down to Bedford. Stopped at my camp outside of Shawnee State Park for the evening.

Woke up Monday morning and took a few more pics at the park and a few spots in the area and then headed home. Ran Pa-31 to West Newton and then took 136 home.

Overall it was a great trip. I was impressed with the Ecoboost as well as the milage, especially since it was during the break in. I also was proud of myself for not burying my foot constantly.

Pics from along Pa-666.

I wanted to get a pic with the 666 sign, but the traffic and lack of pull-offs made it difficult.

Firefighting Groundhog in Punxsy.

When I got into Bedford I decided I was going to try to clean the bugs off of my truck...the bugs were gone, but quickly replaced by tons of water spots thanks for the storm that rolled in as I drove away from the carwash.

I had hoped to get a couple pics of the sunset and my truck at the state park Sunday night, but the storm had other ideas. So, I settled for pictures Monday morning.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:57 PM
Derek from Pa

Behind the tree is an old covered bridge in Bedford County.

Here is a pic of my Scion Tc, from about 5 years ago. I loved this picture...but really couldn't remember why I thought leaving the door open was a good idea.

The last set of pictures are from a local county park. And another covered bridge. I don't know what it is about a new vehicle that makes me become a photography nut.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:43 AM

Received 749 Likes on 622 Posts

Congrat's on the new truck, nice pics too!
Old 05-30-2012, 11:50 AM

Received 94 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by dja5004
I took my new truck out this weekend for a roadtrip to break in the motor. The overall trip was just over 500 miles. I left home, went to I79 through Pittsburgh to avoid highway driving as much as possible. Took I79 to US62, plus a stop at Grove City Outlets for the girlfriend. Funny thing, she forgot her wallet in the truck... Once we got back on the road we took 62 to PA-666. Rode with the devil for awhile, about 35 miles or so. Stopped at took some pictures along the way. From Pa-666 I took 948 into Ridgeway and stopped for the day at my uncle's camp.

The next morning we took off, and took Pa-36 through Brookville and Punxsutawney. Funny how that town adores a groundhog. Got a few cool pics in Punxsy before heading south to Altoona. Looked for a Giant Eagle (local supermarket) that my girlfriend's gps said was there. Appearantly it was well hidden. Took some backroads, not even sure what they were down to Bedford. Stopped at my camp outside of Shawnee State Park for the evening.

Woke up Monday morning and took a few more pics at the park and a few spots in the area and then headed home. Ran Pa-31 to West Newton and then took 136 home.

Overall it was a great trip. I was impressed with the Ecoboost as well as the milage, especially since it was during the break in. I also was proud of myself for not burying my foot constantly.

Pics from along Pa-666.

I wanted to get a pic with the 666 sign, but the traffic and lack of pull-offs made it difficult.

Firefighting Groundhog in Punxsy.

When I got into Bedford I decided I was going to try to clean the bugs off of my truck...the bugs were gone, but quickly replaced by tons of water spots thanks for the storm that rolled in as I drove away from the carwash.

I had hoped to get a couple pics of the sunset and my truck at the state park Sunday night, but the storm had other ideas. So, I settled for pictures Monday morning.
I love that road where its windey I know exactly where you were at never seen a cop on it either

Last edited by garbill2003; 05-30-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:52 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

Derek, it sounds like a good time was had by all. Glad your enjoying the F150. We're taking ours from North Carolina to the Badlands in August.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Derek from Pa

Thanks for the comments.

Which road garbill? 36 or 666. I saw unmarked state car on 36 Sunday, luckily I saw his as I was getting ready to pass a line of traffic on a passing zone. 666 was wide open, good bit of traffic due to the holiday weekend it seemed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Memorial Day Weekend roadtrip