Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Matching Color Tonneau Cover

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 07:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Matching Color Tonneau Cover

Hi all,
Recently purchased a candy red 2010 SCrew and it has a black fiberglass tonneau cover. I'd love to have it match the color of the truck but the cost to have it done by a body shop is much more than I'm willing to pay. Anyone ever do:
1. use dupli-color and paint their own?
2. have their fiberglass cover done with vinyl wrap? I'm thinking that the same companies that do graphics pkgs should be able to match a wrap for the cover for not too much of cost.

Your thoughts?
Thx
Old 02-11-2014, 09:13 PM

Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts

I painted my tonneau on my dakota. I used color match paint from carquest and I used the dupli-color clear coat that I got from Canadian Tire. It was ****. Left a lot of orange peel. I wet sanded before clearing and it didn't make a difference. trust me on this, it is worth your time and money to just have a shop do it. it will come out like factory and it'll be perfect. by the time I added all the materials I was close to what it would've cost to have a local shop paint it. Its just not worth it, unless you are a painter then it is.
The following users liked this post:
zeetwoeight (02-12-2014)
Old 02-12-2014, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cover

I bought the Trifecta fold back cover, cheap, looks good, easy to remove, no buttons or snaps either. Comes only in black. My 97 F150 had trhe fiberglass cover and it was a pain to remove, heavy and prone to handle freezing in the winter. Just my 2 cents worth, lol.

Quick Reply: Matching Color Tonneau Cover