Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manufacture date etched into frame?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 10:21 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Manufacture date etched into frame?

So I have read and participated in a few threads about manufacture date. From what I have seen from reading here and researching my own truck, it looks like the manufacture date is a week after the date on the window sticker. While installing air bags on my truck the other day, I noticed a very faint number etched into the frame (I think it's the frame). If you look into the gap between the bottom of the tailgate and just above the license plate (just above the top right of the plate) the piece of painted metal set back behind the tailgate had a number etched into it that looked like it was from an old school dot matrix printer. It said A11119 14:14. It just so happens that 1/11/19 is when my truck was assembled. So I am wondering if this is coincidence or a telltale manufacture date/time (at least for that piece of the truck). Sorry if this has already been discussed.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:38 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Curious what you plan to do with any of this info. Is there some grand scheme planned around exact dates a piece of sheet metal was stamped or what?
Old 06-13-2019, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
Curious what you plan to do with any of this info. Is there some grand scheme planned around exact dates a piece of sheet metal was stamped or what?
If you have to ask, you probably wouldn't understand.

Have a great night.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by a2pfunk
If you have to ask, you probably wouldn't understand.

Have a great night.
Should be obvious why anyone would not understand hence the question. If you have some secret agent sh|t going on more power to ya.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:01 PM

Should be obvious why anyone would not understand hence the question. If you have some secret agent sh|t going on more power to ya.

Nothing that exciting. I have just seen a number of folks trying to figure out exactly what day their truck was born. Some people just want to know.

Sorry if this thread bothered you, inconvenienced you, or deprived you of precious bandwidth
Old 06-13-2019, 11:10 PM

Nothing that exciting. I have just seen a number of folks trying to figure out exactly what day their truck was born. Some people just want to know.

Sorry if this thread bothered you, inconvenienced you, or deprived you of precious bandwidth
Seriously? I was simply curious why you asked such an obscure question. It's easy to get the build date, have a dealer run the Vin# thru Oasis if less than 10 years old and there you go.

Dunno what your problem is but I hope it's not contagious.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:14 PM

Seriously? I was simply curious why you asked such an obscure question. It's easy to get the build date, have a dealer run the Vin# thru Oasis if less than 10 years old and there you go.

Dunno what your problem is but I hope it's not contagious.
My bad. I'll try to keep the questions more mundane.

Again, have a great night.
The following users liked this post:
Peterooster (06-15-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 11:30 PM

I didn't think it mundane, just unusual.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:58 AM

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts

So I have read and participated in a few threads about manufacture date. From what I have seen from reading here and researching my own truck, it looks like the manufacture date is a week after the date on the window sticker. While installing air bags on my truck the other day, I noticed a very faint number etched into the frame (I think it's the frame). If you look into the gap between the bottom of the tailgate and just above the license plate (just above the top right of the plate) the piece of painted metal set back behind the tailgate had a number etched into it that looked like it was from an old school dot matrix printer. It said A11119 14:14. It just so happens that 1/11/19 is when my truck was assembled. So I am wondering if this is coincidence or a telltale manufacture date/time (at least for that piece of the truck). Sorry if this has already been discussed.
OK you made me look. Mine was a custom order, for my 2018 the frame is stamped 0400918, but my build day was May 25. I actually wish they matched, because I think it would be great information to have. Especially when out on a lot looking at used vehicles without asking to dealer to pull the details. If I was buying a 2016 for example, I'd definitely like to know if it was made in Nov 2015 vs August of 2016. It might not affect the value on paper, but when considering the type of mileage from a previous driver it certainly would in my head. I'd much rather understand these things out on my own when wandering closed lots on a Sunday afternoon versus talking to a dealer.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:39 AM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

Originally Posted by whoopidoo
If I was buying a 2016 for example, I'd definitely like to know if it was made in Nov 2015 vs August of 2016.
That's printed right on the VC label:

(phone app link)

No need to inspect the frame or body date stamps.

Quick Reply: Manufacture date etched into frame?