General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maintenance Plan Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 04:42 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Maintenance Plan Question

I have bought the past 2 vehicles and part of the rebates included 24month/300000 maintenance plans. The problem is, we don't put 7500 miles on these vehicles every 6 months. I have had dealers say it is either mileage (7500) or time (6 months) that these can be used, but today the service manager refused to allow it. He said Ford would "kick" it back and they would be out the cost of the oil change. I said why would there be a time limit on this plan if you didn't use it every 6 months. The manual states that oil should be changed every 6 months or 7500 miles, and this is supposed to cover scheduled maintenance, right?? I think I recall calling Ford and asking them this very question and they told me I was correct that it didn't matter when they were used, it was good for 4 changes and rotations. How come Service Managers wouldn't know this? Most people drive 15000 miles/year and it isn't an issue, but what about the people that don't drive that much. What a waste it would be $200+ for 2 changes/rotations...Still don't think they were going to call Ford to see who's right. Anybody know for sure??
Old 07-07-2012, 04:54 PM

Received 531 Likes on 407 Posts

Were these FORD ESP PREMIUM MAINTENANCE PLANS? Or some coupons the dealer included?

i have never heard of any maintenance plan being included as a part of a rebate?

The only line of vehicles that I know COME with a maintenance plan is the Lincoln MK series.

IF these are FORD ESP PREMIUM MAINT. PLANS, it gives you a maximum number of visits you are allowed for the plan purchased. You can use them any time, but then the max # of plans are reached, so is the contract limit.

Need MORE information of what kinds of PLANS these were.

Originally Posted by nyxltregcab
I have bought the past 2 vehicles and part of the rebates included 24month/300000 maintenance plans. The problem is, we don't put 7500 miles on these vehicles every 6 months. I have had dealers say it is either mileage (7500) or time (6 months) that these can be used, but today the service manager refused to allow it. He said Ford would "kick" it back and they would be out the cost of the oil change. I said why would there be a time limit on this plan if you didn't use it every 6 months. The manual states that oil should be changed every 6 months or 7500 miles, and this is supposed to cover scheduled maintenance, right?? I think I recall calling Ford and asking them this very question and they told me I was correct that it didn't matter when they were used, it was good for 4 changes and rotations. How come Service Managers wouldn't know this? Most people drive 15000 miles/year and it isn't an issue, but what about the people that don't drive that much. What a waste it would be $200+ for 2 changes/rotations...Still don't think they were going to call Ford to see who's right. Anybody know for sure??
Old 07-07-2012, 04:56 PM

Received 502 Likes on 324 Posts

Ran into almost the same situation with my 2011 eb I took it in to have the oil changed at 1100 miles just because it is a new engine and I wanted to remove any break in particles that might be in the oil. the service manager would not change oil using one of my 4 service visets be cause of the low mileage But I down loaded a $29 coupon from ford and paid for the 1st service.I then called Ford and was told basicly the same thing you were told. on my next service at 6000 miles and 6months I talked withe the same service manager and he said it would not be a problem at 6months or 7500 miles or 20% or less on the oil life moniter so maby Ford did comunicate with the dealers. Any way problem solved at least with my dealerOh and for info only there was a 2year 30000 mile esp included as part of the purchase on my 2011 eb

Last edited by bubbabud; 07-07-2012 at 05:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
nyxltregcab (07-07-2012)
Old 07-07-2012, 05:26 PM

Yes, it is a Ford ESP plan. I have got the same 2yr/30000mile plans on both my 2010 F150 , and 2012 F150 Lariat. This was on my wife's 2012 Fusion, it was part of the lease deal back in Dec. 2011. My issue is, if the dealer was correct that you have to be near 7500 miles to do it, what will they say if you let it go a year between oil changes on their leased Fusion. I bet they give us an issue if we did that. Greg, it is now quite common now that maintenance plans are included and alot of dealers DO NOT tell the customers they even have it. On my 2012 F150 Lariat, that dealer told me it was only for war vets or something, but when I called Ford they told me I have it already. They will put it on if the dealer doesn't do it, and it will be on their records.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:42 PM

Received 531 Likes on 407 Posts

I am sure it was included in the pricing. you paid for it somewhere.

If I had to pay $1040 extra for the PMP, I am sure you did the same somewhere in your pricing.

Originally Posted by nyxltregcab
Yes, it is a Ford ESP plan. I have got the same 2yr/30000mile plans on both my 2010 F150 , and 2012 F150 Lariat. This was on my wife's 2012 Fusion, it was part of the lease deal back in Dec. 2011. My issue is, if the dealer was correct that you have to be near 7500 miles to do it, what will they say if you let it go a year between oil changes on their leased Fusion. I bet they give us an issue if we did that. Greg, it is now quite common now that maintenance plans are included and alot of dealers DO NOT tell the customers they even have it. On my 2012 F150 Lariat, that dealer told me it was only for war vets or something, but when I called Ford they told me I have it already. They will put it on if the dealer doesn't do it, and it will be on their records.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:51 PM

Once again I DID NOT buy this plan. If you look at the Ford incentives for your zip code if it is included, it is listed on there along with bonus cash, credit, at whatever else they are offering with rebates, it will be listed last on that page and ranges from $185-$225 depending on the vehicle.

Quick Reply: Maintenance Plan Question