Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for headrest or other DVD ideas.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 10:28 AM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Looking for headrest or other DVD ideas.

Any suggestions? I have an 05 Screw and plan on using the truck for traveling during the holidays. Looking for something to keep the kids entertained during the road trip. There are so many products out there but nothing gets awesome reviews it seems. I would like to find some kind of headrest with the dvd player installed. My wife found these but I'm not convinced yet. What do you have and how do you like it? Dave
http://www.onfair.com/9-Inch-Digital...VD-Headrest-H/
Old 11-28-2013, 11:16 AM

Received 884 Likes on 672 Posts

I prefer to spend ~$100 at walmart for one that straps on. Our van has a DVD player in it and outside of road trips, it never gets used.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:26 PM

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Just buy them android tablets. You can load them up with movies, apps, and other stuff to keep them entertained. a lot of those things go for less than $100 and won't be restricted to use in the truck
The following users liked this post:
jetchaser (11-29-2013)
Old 11-28-2013, 08:31 PM

Received 325 Likes on 223 Posts

I had a vidoelogic system in my 06. DvD's, TV and a gaming console - but we travel many miles often.

Is this for infrequent trips? If so, the tablet is the best idea IMO.
Is this for frequent trips and your budget is modest adn you want to be able to use the system outside of the truck? Again, the tablet is a fantastic idea.
Is this because you will use it frequently, have a big budget and want a custom look? If so, get something in the truck that matches the fit and finish.
The following users liked this post:
jetchaser (11-29-2013)
Old 11-29-2013, 09:16 AM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions. I was leaning towards old school DVD players because the kiddos are young and rough on things. I have a 3 1/2 year old and a 10 months. (I know the baby doesn't need it, just looking toward the future) I will definitely look into an android system, but may need options to strap it to the headrest so the little guy doesn't break it. He's at that stage where he has to touch everything!!

Quick Reply: Looking for headrest or other DVD ideas.