Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Look what made my local news headlines today...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Problem Solver

Received 358 Likes on 262 Posts

Default Look what made my local news headlines today...

Teens Call 911 After Eating Pot Brownies

Roommate With 'Racing Heart' Called 911

POSTED: 1:47 pm CDT May 26, 2011
UPDATED: 2:12 pm CDT May 26, 2011

Email Print

IOWA CITY -- Two Iowa City teenagers were charged with possession of marijuana after their roommate called 911 because her heart was racing after eating pot brownies, police reported to KCRG-TV.Tearra N. Thomas, 19, and Alexis C. Riley, 18, were charged with possession of a controlled substance just before 10 p.m. Wednesday at 13 Pentire Circle in Iowa City.Alicia Hatch called 911 to report that she "ate brownies with cannabis and now has her heart racing," police reported. There were nine other people at the house with Hatch when she called 911, Sgt. Denise Brotherton said.When officers arrived, medical personnel were assisting a young woman in the entry, the criminal complaint states. The woman said she had eaten brownies made with marijuana. Riley, who police said was Hatch's roommate, said she had also eaten some of the brownies "but was feeling fine."Thomas, also listed as Hatch's roommate, told police she had brought the brownies to Iowa City from Illinois knowing they contained marijuana. She said she had also eaten some of the brownies."Officers located and seized the remains of approximately two, 2-by-2 inch brownies that contained the marijuana," police reported.Brotherton said she did not know why Riley and Thomas were listed at different addresses, yet both were said to be Hatch's roommates. Riley and Thomas have been released from the Johnson County jail on recognizance.

Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/28037206/de...#ixzz1NUNznFbf

----------------------------------------------
Entirely unrelated to F-150's, trucks, forums, ...anything really...

This is just sad. Never, ever, do something illegal with someone inexperienced with proper "illegal activity" etiquette.
I personally have never tried pot brownies... But I couldn't imagine I would be the whistle blower.

Bottom line is - ...Well, no bottom line. She hit the "freak out stage" and called the fuzz. Bad move, good luck ever getting friends in college again.

Last edited by iRub1Out; 05-26-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:34 PM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Not sure what the big deal is. This prolly happens daily at small one horse towns everywhere...lol.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:45 PM
"Hold My $tone$"

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow...........that was close.

Sounds like they got there just in time....................

Before she got the munchies and ate what was left of the brownies.

She woulda O-D'd for sure.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:04 AM
TRENDSETTER

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

that horrible, her room mates couldnt even help her enjoy the high.....to be shame her friends went to jail
Old 05-27-2011, 07:20 AM
Okie Coupe

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Lord-of-Ford
Not sure what the big deal is. This prolly happens daily at small one horse towns everywhere...lol.
I beg your pardon. I live in a 2 horse town.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha this happened to my roomate one time...one night, I got home and found cops, firefighters, and paramedics (the whole crew) at my apartment. I was scared because I thought someone died, but when I was told my roomate ingested too much weed brownies, I died of laughter...been giving her a bunch of **** about it since then.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:20 PM
Problem Solver

Received 358 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Javi_F-150
Haha this happened to my roomate one time...one night, I got home and found cops, firefighters, and paramedics (the whole crew) at my apartment. I was scared because I thought someone died, but when I was told my roomate ingested too much weed brownies, I died of laughter...been giving her a bunch of **** about it since then.

Iowa city isn't a "one horse town" either. I am not from Iowa City, I'm from Des Moines, but to clear it up Iowa City's population is around 68,000 people... Perhaps the literal "one horse" bit is true... IDK how many horses technically live inside city limits. On that note, I'm curious as to what the pop would be if you counted everyone, not just the ones with real SS#'s?
Old 05-27-2011, 09:15 PM
We'd do it

Received 449 Likes on 402 Posts

I like brownies.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:35 AM
Average Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brownies..........

It HAS been a LONG time. I could use a freshly baked batch on this three day weekend
Old 05-28-2011, 08:56 AM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This reminds me of when I was in the US Navy down in Key West, Florida. This lady was walking down a beach stoned out of her gourd calling "Brownies 2 Dollars and 50 cents" she was a hippie type and didn't have much on, a Swedish fishnet top so her upper body accouterments were well exposed, wanting to get a closer look we purchased some of her brownies, we found out why they where $2.50 cents. They where confected with hash oil. The rest of that day was interesting.

Quick Reply: Look what made my local news headlines today...