General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

At local dealer this morning

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 02:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default At local dealer this morning

Took my trusty pick up in for service this morning and made my rounds.
What I mean is I don't sit in the waiting room. So 1st I bothered the parts counter guy about the side step on 2009 models. He looked it up as a unit and said it was available. He told me that there was some on the lot to look at. I went out on the lot and found one looked it over to see what clearances was required on the frame, cables etc. In my head i thought all would work on my 07. After my truck was done I looked over the frame and found plenty of room to mount this step assy. The only catch is it runs 370.00 plus dollars.
I am considering doing this in the future.

Another note as you all know if you go on a car lot you will be approached by sales people. 2 guys come out I explained to them i was looking at step assy and they saw i wasn't going ot buy a new one we struck up a conversation.
The clunker subject came up and they told me they have sold 25 Focus' since this started and 23 Escapes, only have 3 focus' and 2 escapes left.
I went around back and looked what a pile of junk is sitting back there.
Sorry no good finds.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Retired Aerospace

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Just Can't Find It:

I've searched the language of the constitution from it's first page to the last page of the last ammendment and I can't find anywhere in that venerable document the authority given to the government to take my tax money and give it, without my permission, to some guy for a down-payment on a new car!

When, Oh when, will Americans learn that when government is allowed to do FOR it will surely, at some time further on, do TO!!

Quick Reply: At local dealer this morning