General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

line-x easily washable?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 09:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default line-x easily washable?

Maybe it seem to be a stupid question but is line-x easily washable? My bullbar is newly painted with line-x (still not installed because of the winter) and l知 thinking about painting other stuff in my truck with line-x, example bumpers, bottom of the side of the truck, hood, maybe the full truck one day...I dont know. But one of the question I ask myself, if all my truck is painted with line-x will it be a pain in the *** to wash and keep ォ clean サ.

My truck is white and I知 thinking about using white line-x at some place...maybe white line-x is more hard to wash?

Maybe line-x is really easy to wash too, I don稚 know. That痴 why I知 asking!

Question for those who have line-x on their truck more particularly...
Old 03-30-2019, 09:55 AM

Received 535 Likes on 393 Posts

I had Line-X on the bumpers of a work truck. It can be cleaned, but it is not an easy task. Soap, water, stiff bristle brush and in some cases a low pressure power wash. I had black so I am not certain about white. The back will work fine, but the sides and front are the problem. I do not have experience with prolonged road salt, but I suspect it will affect the Line-X too.
Old 03-30-2019, 10:33 AM

Received 222 Likes on 151 Posts

I've had Line-X (black) in the beds of my last two trucks and I'd say it tends to pick up dirt and show stains. Now, I admit I'm not one of those guys who gets on his hands and knees and scrubs the bed with soap and a brush, so maybe it would have cleaned up just fine. Not sure I'd choose to put it on something I wanted to look good...
Old 04-11-2019, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i use a pressure washer, makes it a little easier to clean it.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok nice!
Old 04-11-2019, 11:52 AM

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

My truck bed is 5 years old and gets used often. Line x cleans up easily at the car wash with the pressure washer. I think you will be fine with the white. Worst case a soft brush could aid when cleaning.

Quick Reply: line-x easily washable?