Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Line-x bedliner warrantee?

Old 05-29-2012, 11:39 PM

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts

Default Line-x bedliner warrantee?

I have a Line-X bed liner in my 2011. Last week I noticed a big scratch in the bed liner. Something shaved off the bed liner, cut through the paint and left a scratch down to the metal. I believe this was done by a wall jack. Curious because the jack is heavy (50lb), but is certainly not sharp. I'm guessing that it was a corner combined with the weight that got the liner. I also noticed a couple of thin spots on the head wall where something rubbed against the bed liner and wore through it exposing the paint beneath.

Anyways, I guess that these are normal wear and tear items, but I was expecting more out of the bed liner. It feels soft. I'm wondering if this is how the liner is supposed to be or is this a defect?
Old 05-30-2012, 02:05 AM
Formerly "ZCHPRO"

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Did it come from the deal or did you go to a shop?
Either way there should be a small decal somewhere in your bed that mentions who installed it. It sounds defective to me, give whoever's company is stuck to the bed a call (it should normally be on passenger side near the tailgate).
Old 05-30-2012, 02:16 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Last Line X I had you could take a chisel to and still not get it off. Sounds like you might have a bad prep job.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:34 AM

Received 521 Likes on 293 Posts

Line-X has a lifetime warranty. I got warranty paperwork when I had mine done, not sure if that is required or not.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed, sounds defective. I beat the **** out of mine and it still looks brand new . I'd be making a trip to line x. They stand behind there products. There customer service is really good here in Ohio, and hopefully where ever your at. :-)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Line-x bedliner warrantee?