General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Line-x on Bed caps

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 06:18 PM

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Line-x on Bed caps

Im getting my bed line-xed soon and was wondering if anyone has had the plastic bed caps done as well. Mine are really faded so I need to do this or spray paint them.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:03 PM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

Unfortunately I don't think they can spray on plastic since there's nothing for it to stick to. I'd ask. On a fleet of Ford work trucks we had bedlined we removed the cap and left the slotted holes exposed for tie down points. WE had the bedliner wrapped over the top and 2 inches on to the outside of the trucks. It looked good but these were work trucks.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:15 PM

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Without taking one apart how big are the holes? Could I take off the cap and bondo the holes and then linex over the rails? I really like the look of the linex on the rails.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:33 PM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

Yes you could but you would need to put some backing under the rails out of sight before you bondo. Even duct tape may work as long as you press the bondo well into the hole so it grabs. The holes are oval approx. 1/4" x 3/4". I'll guess there are 8 holes on each side. If you lay in the bed of the truck and look up under the rail you'll see the plastic clips sticking through.

Quick Reply: Line-x on Bed caps