Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather upholstery repair.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 11:03 PM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Leather upholstery repair.

The leather upholstery on my truck is in great shape except for a tear in the lower seat back on the driver side bucket. I am unable to get just a replacement cover just for this seat and the alternative is a minimum of $800 dollars for replacing the whole interior. As you who have leather know the skins are thin so sewing them is really not a option unless I cut out and replace the panel. I have looked at several repair kits but I need your advice on which one works the best can any of you suggest one that has worked well for you.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i no what you mean. my 2000 lariat has light gray leather seats and the passengers side is in great condition but mine (drivers side) has 2-3 small dime size tears in them and i was wondering the same thing. i was just considering seat covers to cover and protect them but i have the 60-40 seat-split and i dont no if the covers will fit good....but....... good luck tho dude!
Old 06-25-2008, 12:50 AM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

As I read about these kits is seem like most of them are for cracks and surface damage not tears. Unless somebody knows of one of these kis that works with a tear I may just have to remove the seat cover cut out and replace the panel and dye it to match.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:59 AM
We'd do it

Received 449 Likes on 402 Posts

Where is the tear? Maybe you can do a logo patch or something on both seats, or maybe a different color or style insert like a custom. Unless you think it would be too tacky, you do have leather.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:45 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

A good upholstry shop should be able to replace just that panel pretty cheap. That is the best way to go IMHO.

Quick Reply: Leather upholstery repair.