General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just recently wrecked my 2005 F150!!!:((

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 01:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Just recently wrecked my 2005 F150!!!:((

I recently got in an accident. I fishtailed going up hill on a turn and swerved perpendicular into the oncoming lane. I had stopped moving but a few moments later a car coming down the hill slammed into me at probably 50mph, must have been texting or something because they didnt even brake or see us and are very very lucky it could have been worse. They hit the front right tire area and spun us around again. The speed limit in the area is 30mph and since it was raining I was probably doing 25. I came to a stop rather quickly.

Anyways the poor truck was totally smashed in and the body shop says that it needs a new frame.

I also just recently had a brand new engine put in, I only got about 2,000 miles on it before the accident.

6 months prior to that, I had a brand new transmission put in.

And now I have no truck.

Does anyone on here know if people out there buy parts from trucks?

Is it worth it to try and get some money out of the parts and what is the best way to go about it.

I would like to have something to go towards my new F150.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bro glad your family was safe from that other driver. But the next step now is to sale the parts.
The insurance company will help you get another one if that your will . Them 2013 are looking good
Old 09-16-2012, 11:31 AM
Iowa Farmer

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts

I would ask the shop that said it was totalled how much would be salvageable. Chances are with a front end collision, there's damaged to the engine...

That being said glad you're ok. Trucks can be replaced, people can't
The following users liked this post:
msand (09-17-2012)
Old 09-17-2012, 03:28 PM

I agree with that!!

They said the engine is fine. The other car hit the front right tire area and bent the axle and truck frame.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:34 PM

The insurance company sided with the other party eventhough she was flying down the road and didnt even look up to see our car stopped in the road. She is actually very lucky she hit the front end and spun us around and not dead center.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:37 PM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Glad you are ok! It is amazing how dense a large portion of drivers are and cannot see whats in front of them just because they dont expect it.

So now it boils down to if the truck is totaled or not. This will greatly affect the decision of keeping the truck or not. Good luck!
Old 09-17-2012, 07:00 PM

Glad you are okay! Hopefully you can get as much money as you can because of what you have done.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:49 AM

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

see if it can be repaired, body shops have frame straightening machines if its not to bad it can be repaired
Old 09-18-2012, 12:16 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

There is a lot in the explanation that doesn't make sense. If you fishtailed around a corner, it would imply it was snowy or you were going too fast or driving without due care and attention. You lost control of the vehicle and ended up in the other lane at a 90 degree angle, meaning your headlights would not be shining at the other car. You did not indicate how long it took for you to be hit, but given you had just come around a corner, that means the other car was coming up to the corner going downhill. Now, texting seems unlikely if you know you have to navigate a corner in a couple hundred feet, going downhill in the rain while speeding. Unlikely, but not impossible, but if they were texting or distracted, I imagine the insurance company would investigate in order to not cover that driver either since they NEVER want to pay anyone.

While I sympathize with the loss of your truck, I think the most important thing here is that the other driver and passengers are not hurt, as it seems you were clearly in the wrong in this case and should not have been driving such that you ended up in the opposing lane.

I hope you can sell your truck and get some money from the wreck, and then replace it with something else, and in the future use more care when navigating corners in slippery conditions.

Quick Reply: Just recently wrecked my 2005 F150!!!:((