Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just picked up my first F150 - a 2006 Lariat 4x4, it does have some issues though...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 12:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Just picked up my first F150 - a 2006 Lariat 4x4, it does have some issues though...

Hello,

I just picked up 2006 F-150 4x4 Lariat. My first F-150. It has 125,000 miles but runs pretty strong. After a 3 hour drive in the truck, it does have some issues. Most of them I can address myself but some others I am asking for some advice or assistance on, please:

- The Sunroof doesn't work. I think the truck had maybe been sitting for awhile before I bought it. When I hit the 'slide' button in the overhead console, some black plastic pieces splintered off from the rail area of the sunroof, and now the sunroof is stuck about 4" open. If I hit the button I can hear the motor working but the glass only moves 2-3" front or back, and it doesn't close all the way. Also prior to this the sunroof was stick in 'tilt' position but it wasn't secure. How big of job is it to fix the sunroof?

- The power sliding rear window only opens or shuts halfway, it will not open completely.

- I can put the truck in 4x4 low, and the dash light comes on accordingly, but if I put it in 4x4 Hi, I can still here a 'click' under the truck, but there is no 4x4 Hi Light on the dash. Is this normal, or is there an issue there?

- I noticed on my 150 mile trip back that through some passes there is a consistent hard downshift between 70-80mph. Also, there was a 1-second shudder/rattle from (I think) the transmission, at two different times in the trip, both going up the pass and during a downshift. How concerned should I be about this? As far as I know this is the original trans and motor

I appreciate any help you guys can provide, thank you!

Last edited by Strik9; 10-18-2018 at 02:21 AM.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:47 PM

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Delete

Quick Reply: Just picked up my first F150 - a 2006 Lariat 4x4, it does have some issues though...