Sponsored by:

IWE problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 06:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default IWE problem

HI, I'm new to this forum

I drive 2010 Ford f150 4x4 5.4L

I have put in Rancho leveling struts and shocks and after doing that I noticed ratcheting sound in front wheels . Trying to do my own work on my Ford f150. I did some research found out that it may be IWE problems. When putting in struts I didn't do anything with CV joints meaning unbolting center bolt on wheel hub. I only unbolted the upper ball joint and the sway bar linkage to lower to get struts and shocks in and out. I've done vacuum test on all points of system and encluding at the wheel hub actuator , and found to hold vacuum. I also checked the solenoid switch and vacuum on 2wd and no vacuum on 4wd. I'm stumped can anyone help me?

IF I have to do a wheel hub actuator replacement I need help with the CV joints. The CV joints on a 2010 f150 is not a bolt in kind, it's like a driveline yolk. I did some research and found nothing. Please help.

Oh, one more thing does anyone know what is the vacuum lbs. that the IWE system should have?
Old 06-27-2017, 06:59 AM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

Pull vacuum at the actuators themselves.. see if they hold vacuum.. I suspect you damaged one during the install of the leveling kit.. it happens a lot.