Interior of Center Console - Quality Control - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior of Center Console - Quality Control

Old 08-09-2017, 10:09 PM   #1

Default Interior of Center Console - Quality Control

I picked up a truck that was manufactured May 5th of this year.

When you lift up the center console cover, and look inside, the interior plastic finishing isn't all black... its like black and then marked grey... not so much scratched, but it should be all black and has bits of grey.

It's like a cheap finishing where nobody cares if it is all black... a QC issue to me. As far as I would think, all plastic parts that are visible, including the inside of the center console, should be visually consistent. This is just a mess.

I spoke to the "Dealer Principal" of the place I bought the truck at, and really he was fine. he said he looked at all the other 150s he had in stock, and although it looked terrible, and on a $60k truck you wouldn't expect it, that was just the way it was.

He offered to order a new console, which I accepted. It arrived, and it was the same, so no point fitting it.

Anyone else look inside of their center console and see crappy finish?
CTLimey150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:23 PM   #2

I guess it wouldn't bother me because I have so much crap in there most people wouldn't even noticed any color schemes going on in there. To me I wouldn't worry about it, chances are no one is gonna see it but you. And the dealer may do more harm than good trying to replace it.

Pic?
TexasRedfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:47 PM   #3
Fleet Technician

Thanked 3,269 Times in 2,576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTLimey150 View Post

When you lift up the center console cover, and look inside, the interior plastic finishing isn't all black... its like black and then marked grey... not so much scratched, but it should be all black and has bits of grey.

It's like a cheap finishing where nobody cares if it is all black... a QC issue to me. As far as I would think, all plastic parts that are visible, including the inside of the center console, should be visually consistent. This is just a mess.

I spoke to the "Dealer Principal" of the place I bought the truck at, and really he was fine. he said he looked at all the other 150s he had in stock, and although it looked terrible, and on a $60k truck you wouldn't expect it, that was just the way it was.

He offered to order a new console, which I accepted. It arrived, and it was the same, so no point fitting it.

Serious case of OCD huh? While I kind of understand as I'm OCD about pretty much everything I spend $ on but good grief your taking it to a level beyond explanation.

Buy a Raptor at $70k+ and look inside the console, probably looks exactly the same.
Rnlcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:51 PM   #4

LOL. Better not look under the hood then!!
Bubbabiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:57 PM   #5
Fleet Technician

Thanked 3,269 Times in 2,576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbabiker View Post
LOL. Better not look under the hood then!!
He'll probably lose his mind when he opens the fuel door.
Rnlcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:16 AM   #6

Quote:
.......the interior plastic finishing isn't all black... its like black and then marked grey... not so much scratched, but it should be all black and has bits of grey.
It's just the plastic they are using. I don't see any issue with it.

Actually, over time, the blended look will probably hide minor scratches much better than a flat black.
Kingofwylietx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:06 PM   #7

sounds like a case of OCD! Like others have said, the console is usually filled with all sorta of junk over time anyway, who's gonna ever notice a different gradation of plastic color there that except you (OP?)

What I find amusing is that you just joined the forums and you are indeed complaining about such an issue.....

Maybe you should have checked that out before you purchased the truck?
gregsf150stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:43 PM   #8

Quote:

lol
gfulton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnlcomp View Post
He'll probably lose his mind when he opens the fuel door.
$60K and they didn't even include a f...ing gas cap.....
indyriverrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 04:00 PM   #10

I speak plastics. Pic?
chickenwire is offline   Reply With Quote