General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior of Center Console - Quality Control

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 09:09 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Interior of Center Console - Quality Control

I picked up a truck that was manufactured May 5th of this year.

When you lift up the center console cover, and look inside, the interior plastic finishing isn't all black... its like black and then marked grey... not so much scratched, but it should be all black and has bits of grey.

It's like a cheap finishing where nobody cares if it is all black... a QC issue to me. As far as I would think, all plastic parts that are visible, including the inside of the center console, should be visually consistent. This is just a mess.

I spoke to the "Dealer Principal" of the place I bought the truck at, and really he was fine. he said he looked at all the other 150s he had in stock, and although it looked terrible, and on a $60k truck you wouldn't expect it, that was just the way it was.

He offered to order a new console, which I accepted. It arrived, and it was the same, so no point fitting it.

Anyone else look inside of their center console and see crappy finish?
Old 08-09-2017, 09:23 PM

Received 254 Likes on 210 Posts

I guess it wouldn't bother me because I have so much crap in there most people wouldn't even noticed any color schemes going on in there. To me I wouldn't worry about it, chances are no one is gonna see it but you. And the dealer may do more harm than good trying to replace it.

Pic?
Old 08-09-2017, 09:47 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by CTLimey150

When you lift up the center console cover, and look inside, the interior plastic finishing isn't all black... its like black and then marked grey... not so much scratched, but it should be all black and has bits of grey.

It's like a cheap finishing where nobody cares if it is all black... a QC issue to me. As far as I would think, all plastic parts that are visible, including the inside of the center console, should be visually consistent. This is just a mess.

I spoke to the "Dealer Principal" of the place I bought the truck at, and really he was fine. he said he looked at all the other 150s he had in stock, and although it looked terrible, and on a $60k truck you wouldn't expect it, that was just the way it was.

He offered to order a new console, which I accepted. It arrived, and it was the same, so no point fitting it.

Serious case of OCD huh? While I kind of understand as I'm OCD about pretty much everything I spend $ on but good grief your taking it to a level beyond explanation.

Buy a Raptor at $70k+ and look inside the console, probably looks exactly the same.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:51 PM

Received 564 Likes on 402 Posts

LOL. Better not look under the hood then!!
Old 08-09-2017, 09:57 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubbabiker
LOL. Better not look under the hood then!!
He'll probably lose his mind when he opens the fuel door.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:16 AM

Received 716 Likes on 425 Posts

.......the interior plastic finishing isn't all black... its like black and then marked grey... not so much scratched, but it should be all black and has bits of grey.
It's just the plastic they are using. I don't see any issue with it.

Actually, over time, the blended look will probably hide minor scratches much better than a flat black.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:06 PM

Received 531 Likes on 407 Posts

sounds like a case of OCD! Like others have said, the console is usually filled with all sorta of junk over time anyway, who's gonna ever notice a different gradation of plastic color there that except you (OP?)

What I find amusing is that you just joined the forums and you are indeed complaining about such an issue.....

Maybe you should have checked that out before you purchased the truck?
Old 08-10-2017, 12:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

lol
Old 08-10-2017, 02:32 PM

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
He'll probably lose his mind when he opens the fuel door.
$60K and they didn't even include a f...ing gas cap.....
Old 08-10-2017, 03:00 PM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

I speak plastics. Pic?