General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Instrument cluster lights stays on

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 12:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Instrument cluster lights stays on

For the last two days my battery has been dead. This morning I had the battery system checked and the batt and alternator are good, but tonight I discovered that my instrument lights stays on, I've tried dimming the cabin lights but those don't change? This has been going on since Fri morning.

I have a 2013 F-150 Limited.
Old 12-11-2016, 02:52 AM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

I seem to recall an issue with the ignition switch being mentioned in previous posts for this concern.

Try a google search.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:40 PM

Well I found the CB (Instrument Cluster 10A) not sure how I missed it yesterday but when I pull it of course the lights will go out but I'm not sure what's keeping them on does anyone have a wiring diagram so I can further troubleshoot?
Old 12-12-2016, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have found that I have the same problem. If its a center console I think its a switch that when in park shows that the vehicle is in park. Your "P" on your cluster in the dash lights should light in red if not it doesnt know its in park. Bad switch. My remote start won't work either. Guy on ebay is selling them. Go to ebay and search 2011-2014 f150 dash light staying on fix
Old 12-13-2016, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Leonard Palser
I have found that I have the same problem. If its a center console I think its a switch that when in park shows that the vehicle is in park. Your "P" on your cluster in the dash lights should light in red if not it doesnt know its in park. Bad switch. My remote start won't work either. Guy on ebay is selling them. Go to ebay and search 2011-2014 f150 dash light staying on fix
I'll check and see about the "P" being red or not, so this took care of the remote start as well rt? I just ordered it so hopefully that's it i'll post back when its fixed.
Old 12-13-2016, 09:00 PM

Yes as I read more about this problem it affects the remote start as well. It has to get the "in park" signal from this switch also. I just ordered mine as well so will post back when I get mine installed.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:51 PM

Yes as I read more about this problem it affects the remote start as well. It has to get the "in park" signal from this switch also. I just ordered mine as well so will post back when I get mine installed.
Hey Leonard have you replaced your switch yet and if so how much did you have to disassemble your center console to replace your switch.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:09 PM

I haven't got my switch yet. I expect it in the next day or so. If you go back to the eBay guys add and look in the description he gives a real good YouTube link on how to disassemble the hole center console area where that switch is. I hope to get mine in on Sunday. Sick of pulling the neg battery cable off every night.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:54 PM

I haven't got my switch yet. I expect it in the next day or so. If you go back to the eBay guys add and look in the description he gives a real good YouTube link on how to disassemble the hole center console area where that switch is. I hope to get mine in on Sunday. Sick of pulling the neg battery cable off every night.
Leonard just pull the instrument cluster fuse (10a) and that will stop the batt drain it's located on front passenger kick panel.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:22 PM

Leonard it worked like a charm some issues I had was I couldn't get the connector disconnected that goes to the cup holder it was no problem I was still able to do what I had to do and also getting that switch out of it's holder was a little pain but putting it back in was no problem. All in all it was a good fix and works. Thanks man that was a life savor