General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm an idiot...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm an idiot...

...who knows nothing about vehicles, mechanic's or even maintenance, but I'm looking to buy a truck and I would appreciate some assistance in guiding my decision...

I'm sure I can figure out how to change oil, brakes, and learn rudimentary maintenance (in fact, I'll likely take a course to ensure I know what I'm doing)...but being I'm just learning to drive, I don't want to put to much into a project vehicle. with that said, I'm looking at several older (mid-70 to early 90's) Ford F150 - F250's on propane (readily available up here in Canada) and I'd like some pointers as to which years are better than others, what engines I should be seeking etc.

I know so little that I don't even know what questions to ask, so I will leave it to you much more knowledgeable and experienced gentleman/woman to guide this pup in the ways of the F150.

many thanks!
Old 08-16-2012, 02:21 PM

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

What are you looking for? Is it a daily driver? Will you be towing/ hauling? Do you have any personal limitations (money, likes/dislikes, etc)?
Will be hard to make suggestions unless more is known about what your needs are.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are buying a FORD truck you sound like a pretty smart guy to me! Eh?
Good luck with your truck!
Old 08-16-2012, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by humblerb
What are you looking for? Is it a daily driver? Will you be towing/ hauling? Do you have any personal limitations (money, likes/dislikes, etc)?
Will be hard to make suggestions unless more is known about what your needs are.
hey humblerb...it would become my daily driver, I will tow/haul from time to time, but only during the hunting season. money is a limitation...I want to spend as little as possible, but can go up to about $5K CDN. the only need I have is it be automatic, due to health issues, I won't drive stick.

if you go here, and do a search for 'propane' you will see some of the hybrid options currently being advertised. I'd like to know if any are worth it:
http://vancouver.kijiji.ca/f-cars-ve...-W0QQCatIdZ174

Quick Reply: I'm an idiot...