General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think I hate this bed extender

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 11:11 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Unhappy I think I hate this bed extender

I have only had this truck a week now. Do I really have to lift my cargo over the bed extender? There seems to be no position to hold it in an up position.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:30 PM

Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Ford Bed Extender

Here's a few shots of the Ford bed extender on my 2013 FX4.

You might try tightening the pivot bolt that holds it to the end of the bed. As you can see, mine stays in place.....

Or...try collapsing and folding it out of the way.

Good luck.

Northlight
Attached Thumbnails I think I hate this bed extender-img_0546.jpg   I think I hate this bed extender-img_0548.jpg   I think I hate this bed extender-img_0550.jpg  
Old 11-15-2012, 01:43 PM
Ryan

Received 81 Likes on 43 Posts

judging from his avatar pic, i think the OP has the old aluminum style that doesn't fold up nicely like the new ones...i agree those do seem like they'd be more of a nuisance than benefit. Maybe only put in in your truck when you actually need the extension?
Old 11-15-2012, 02:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like that Ford bed extender. Just couldn't justify the price to the wife......yet.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:43 PM

Yes and I confirm i hate it. I went to jump out today and it caught my leg LOL that was embarrassing but I probably could have fallen on my head

Hate the hard tonneau cover as well. It looks cool but has zero function. I hit my head on that today too

Originally Posted by rmp213
judging from his avatar pic, i think the OP has the old aluminum style that doesn't fold up nicely like the new ones...i agree those do seem like they'd be more of a nuisance than benefit. Maybe only put in in your truck when you actually need the extension?
Old 11-15-2012, 07:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cosway
Yes and I confirm i hate it. I went to jump out today and it caught my leg LOL that was embarrassing but I probably could have fallen on my head

Hate the hard tonneau cover as well. It looks cool but has zero function. I hit my head on that today too
LMAO..... sorry about your head, but I'm a topper guy. The money spent on the extender and tonneau cover you could've had a really nice topper, just doesn't make sence to me, other then looking cool, to having a tonneau cover.
Attached Thumbnails I think I hate this bed extender-photo-copy-2-.jpg  
Old 11-15-2012, 07:08 PM

the truck came with this stuff. I agree so far I don't see a use for them.
I bet I can sell them and make a few bucks lol. It is just extra weight I'm hauling around for no reason. I need to put bicycles back there in summer for camping.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cosway
I need to put bicycles back there in summer for camping.
So, a family and a outdoors guy you say! If you do sell your stuff, consider getting a topper. Lots of dry room and space for anything you need to take the family on a camping trip. BTW, a adult size mountain bike fits in the back seat area of our trucks without taking off the wheels!!! lol.
The following users liked this post:
cosway (11-16-2012)

Quick Reply: I think I hate this bed extender