Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I just have to say...

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Sarcastic Soul

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I just have to say...

how much I LOVE my 2012 F150 Lariat SCREW. I've missed having a truck for the last 5 years and I can't tell you in the 2 weeks that I've had the new ride how helpful it's been. The first weekend with the truck home not even 1 full day, the water heater started leaking. Yanked it out, threw it in the truck, took it to Lowe's picked up the free warranty replacement and installed the new heater. Hauled a rather large spare TV (older units) to my mom's last week with no effort, and today had the family on a big Costco run. It was soooo nice to be able to have everyone along, throw the marine cooler full fo cold stuff in the bed along with large boxes, 400pounds of salt and watch the ECOBOOST climb South Mountain and Braddock Mountain on the way home in 6th gear, never a blurp or downshift. What a sweet ride. Sorry, just had to get that out there.

~PaBEAR
Old 06-04-2012, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PaBEAR
how much I LOVE my 2012 F150 Lariat SCREW. I've missed having a truck for the last 5 years and I can't tell you in the 2 weeks that I've had the new ride how helpful it's been. The first weekend with the truck home not even 1 full day, the water heater started leaking. Yanked it out, threw it in the truck, took it to Lowe's picked up the free warranty replacement and installed the new heater. Hauled a rather large spare TV (older units) to my mom's last week with no effort, and today had the family on a big Costco run. It was soooo nice to be able to have everyone along, throw the marine cooler full fo cold stuff in the bed along with large boxes, 400pounds of salt and watch the ECOBOOST climb South Mountain and Braddock Mountain on the way home in 6th gear, never a blurp or downshift. What a sweet ride. Sorry, just had to get that out there.

~PaBEAR

Glad you are liking your new truck. I have had mine for two weeks also. Mine is a Race Red SCREW Lariat.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:34 PM
Sarcastic Soul

Awesome! I hope you enjoy yours as thoroughly as I've been enjoying mine. Tomorrow will start the first long trip of about 500 miles...anxious to see how it performs.

~PaBEAR
Old 06-04-2012, 11:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those trucks are awesome we have one at work and it pulls like a freight train.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:36 PM

Received 68 Likes on 63 Posts
Default hi

Awesome! I hope you enjoy yours as thoroughly as I've been enjoying mine. Tomorrow will start the first long trip of about 500 miles...anxious to see how it performs.

~PaBEAR

it helps to learn your shift points in each gear.

as for the trip... 2010 screw 5.4L 4x4 here... loving every one of the 50 000kms...
Old 06-05-2012, 01:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

... stuff in the bed along with large boxes, 400pounds of salt and watch the ECOBOOST climb South Mountain and Braddock Mountain ...

~PaBEAR
400lbs of salt?! I mean sugar for some sour mash, sure, some salt for curing some meat, sure, but 400lbs of it?! Inquiring mind(s) want to know, what're you doin with it?!
Old 06-05-2012, 01:33 PM

Received 68 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Mellman
400lbs of salt?! I mean sugar for some sour mash, sure, some salt for curing some meat, sure, but 400lbs of it?! Inquiring mind(s) want to know, what're you doin with it?!
water softener?
Old 06-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Sarcastic Soul

Originally Posted by Pauli18c
water softener?
AND WE HAVE A WINNER! Yup, eight 50lb bags of salt for the water softener, not including all the weight from the marine cooler filled with liquids, etc.

~PaBEAR
Old 06-06-2012, 10:21 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mellman

Moonshine......
Old 06-06-2012, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you are enjoying that great ride. I have my 2012 SCREW Plat for 2 weeks now and look for every excuse I can just to drive it. It replaced a Dakota SCREW and although I loved that Dakota the F-150 is just amazing. Helped my local Church by volunteering to do pickup and delivery of furniture. Tailgate step has to be the best invention for trucks in years!!!!

Quick Reply: I just have to say...