General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate my new 2015 Ford F150 King Ranch SuperCrew

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate my new 2015 Ford F150 King Ranch SuperCrew

So I recently traded my 14' Raptor Supercrew in on a 15' King Ranch Supercrew. This is the 5th King Ranch Supercrew I have owned and my least favorite by far! For every single cool new feature of the new truck there are at least 3-4 problems. Just a little rant but... This is the first truck I have owned with the massaging/climate controlled seats. Well it is also the first truck I have owned that the climate control does NOT work at all. If anything the cooling actually heats the seat but from what I have ready this is pretty common! Anyway, who else hate the key fob??? I have had the tailgate drop while going down the interstate at least four times! Keep in mind with nothing but my key fob in my pocket!!! This is a lawsuit in the making for sure! I have resulted to making a safety strap just to keep it from dropping. Oh, did I mention that it also opened in my garage unbeknowst to me and upon opening the garage door made a really nasty scratch on the top of my new tailgate! This could have been much worse! The trailer lights and brakes on every trailer I own (two have been professionally rewired and one is brand new) are apparently all screwed up because I get every error imaginable on my HUD. There is a terrible wind noise that the dealership swears is just the A/C vent-even with all A/C fan etc... turned off! I miss my Raptor but after over 20 years of Ford F-150s I think this might be my last!
Old 09-27-2015, 05:05 PM

Received 157 Likes on 124 Posts

So sell it then and buy something else. Everybody wins! My 2013 XLT was a pile of garbage too so I traded it off a couple days ago on a different brand altogether. Someone else's headache now.
The following users liked this post:
gregsf150stx (09-30-2015)
Old 09-28-2015, 04:59 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by kinsign
So I recently traded my 14' Raptor Supercrew in on a 15' King Ranch Supercrew. This is the 5th King Ranch Supercrew I have owned and my least favorite by far! For every single cool new feature of the new truck there are at least 3-4 problems. Just a little rant but... This is the first truck I have owned with the massaging/climate controlled seats. Well it is also the first truck I have owned that the climate control does NOT work at all. If anything the cooling actually heats the seat but from what I have ready this is pretty common! Anyway, who else hate the key fob??? I have had the tailgate drop while going down the interstate at least four times! Keep in mind with nothing but my key fob in my pocket!!! This is a lawsuit in the making for sure! I have resulted to making a safety strap just to keep it from dropping. Oh, did I mention that it also opened in my garage unbeknowst to me and upon opening the garage door made a really nasty scratch on the top of my new tailgate! This could have been much worse! The trailer lights and brakes on every trailer I own (two have been professionally rewired and one is brand new) are apparently all screwed up because I get every error imaginable on my HUD. There is a terrible wind noise that the dealership swears is just the A/C vent-even with all A/C fan etc... turned off! I miss my Raptor but after over 20 years of Ford F-150s I think this might be my last!
Hi kinsign,

What's the current mileage on your King Ranch? I'll see how I can lend a hand.

Chad
Old 09-28-2015, 08:16 PM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Lightbulb

HINT/TIP: You'll find posting in the
Late Model F150s > 2015 Ford F150
section more helpful/appropriate than General F150 Discussion posts.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:16 AM

Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts

Quit wearing those skinny jeans and you prob won't drop the tailgate

Sotry to hear about your prob, my trucks problem is the loose nut behind the wheel
The following 2 users liked this post by RACER X:
homeskizzle (09-30-2015), RES4CUE (10-24-2015)
Old 09-29-2015, 09:24 AM

Received 120 Likes on 83 Posts

Once you go raptor you shouldn't go back.
The following 4 users liked this post by Mark_604:
freddyttt (10-31-2015), gregsf150stx (05-16-2016), Sasquatch77 (02-21-2016), Wannafbody (01-03-2016)
Old 09-29-2015, 10:34 AM

Received 482 Likes on 354 Posts

Old 09-30-2015, 04:00 AM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 1994Vmax
So sell it then and buy something else. Everybody wins! My 2013 XLT was a pile of garbage too so I traded it off a couple days ago on a different brand altogether. Someone else's headache now.
Vmax, what issues did you have with your '13 and what did you trade into? Just curious because I recently sold my '99 and was looking at a used '13.

OP, sorry to hear about your troubles, a lot of these features have been around long enough that even though they are new to the F150 you would think Ford would have it figured out by now. Leaning from other brands and their own early mistakes. Some of the issues I read about make it hard to believe this truck went into production. AC and cooled seats should just work, these features have been on Lexes et al for years. Ford and their suppliers should have this figured out by now.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:55 AM
FX4RoadWarrior

Received 494 Likes on 353 Posts

And here is an example of too much options.
The following 3 users liked this post by tanked_darren:
drewv2 (01-03-2016), Razgriz (01-04-2016), Velosprout (02-21-2016)
Old 09-30-2015, 08:18 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tanked_darren
And here is an example of too much options.
That's exactly what I was thinking.

Funny thing is I never have issues with my roll down windows.....and I don't complain.

Quick Reply: I hate my new 2015 Ford F150 King Ranch SuperCrew