General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much should I ask?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 09:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default how much should I ask?

I'm thinking about selling my bed topper/camper shell. It's a Glasstite 4 window model with an all glass door, and sliding front window. The two smaller windows open, though the latch is broken on one. It was painted to match but the clear is half gone. It has no structural issues. What's a fair price to ask?
Old 07-05-2013, 11:49 PM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

two things, (1) how much was it new? and (2) how old is it? depending on those two things the best you can hope for will be 50% of its original value. With the damage less. Color will matter to the buyer and style. If it's not the color they want, you'll get lowballed big time. Custom camper shells can be in the $3500 range or more with options. If you're in a hurry to sell, take way less than you would expect to get, otherwise hold out for a firm bottom line.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:55 PM

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc D
two things, (1) how much was it new? and (2) how old is it? depending on those two things the best you can hope for will be 50% of its original value. With the damage less. Color will matter to the buyer and style. If it's not the color they want, you'll get lowballed big time. Custom camper shells can be in the $3500 range or more with options. If you're in a hurry to sell, take way less than you would expect to get, otherwise hold out for a firm bottom line.
All of this.

I have an early 2011 Jason with a reinforced top, electrical outlets and lights as well as a fishing rod holder. It was $1700 painted tuxedo black and I'm hoping to sell it but don't expect to get more than $800.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the replies, guys. I don't know how old it is. The truck is a 2000, and the shell came with it when I bought it last year. Never thought of selling it until recently. Glasstite got bought out a few years ago, and the new co shut down the shell production, so I have no idea what it eould have gone for new. I was thinking maybe $200-300 for it, but I don't want to rip anyone off, especially myself.