Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how do you adjust ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 12:08 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Default how do you adjust ?

Hello to all,

The windshield fluid sprayers on the drivers side is fine, but the passenger side sprayer misses the majority of the window and hits the roof, unless I'm going 60+mph. How do you property adjust the sprayers so I can lower the angle on the passenger side?

thanks, tstex
Old 06-13-2019, 12:11 PM

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by tstex
Hello to all,

The windshield fluid sprayers on the drivers side is fine, but the passenger side sprayer misses the majority of the window and hits the roof, unless I'm going 60+mph. How do you property adjust the sprayers so I can lower the angle on the passenger side?

thanks, tstex
clogged nozzle, ouch
The following users liked this post:
Simon (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 12:16 PM

ok, how do you best unclog a nozzle or the proper way to do so? thanks
Old 06-13-2019, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 4,124 Likes on 2,830 Posts

ok, how do you best unclog a nozzle or the proper way to do so? thanks
replace it, they are cheap
Old 06-13-2019, 12:19 PM

Received 539 Likes on 334 Posts

Try to stick a sewing needle or some other small diameter, ridged item in the nozzle to clear it out. Personally, I usually use a very small allen wrench. Most nozzles can also be adjusted slightly because they're like a small, swivel ball in there. But I can't recall if the ones on our trucks are still like that. You'll know as soon as you stick that needle in there and if it moves around, then you can adjust it how you prefer.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:01 PM

All, I went to YOUTUBE and viewed "How to unclog window washer spray nozzles". They used either thin wires or removed and soaked in solution. First, I there's only one hole in center and 2 slits, one on each side of hole. I lift hood to access nozzle to remove and it's behind a plastic barrier. Can you remove the nozzle w out taking off the plastic piece underneath that is as long as the width of the hood? why are simple things so complicated?
Old 06-13-2019, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 4,124 Likes on 2,830 Posts

i think you need to remove the cowl panel to get access to depress the clips on the nozzle and disconnect the line..be careful, those nozzles get brittle over time
Old 06-13-2019, 03:34 PM
Senile member

Received 1,048 Likes on 732 Posts

turn it to the side and spray your road neighbor. when their driver's window is open.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:59 PM

Received 539 Likes on 334 Posts

All, I went to YOUTUBE and viewed "How to unclog window washer spray nozzles". They used either thin wires or removed and soaked in solution. First, I there's only one hole in center and 2 slits, one on each side of hole. I lift hood to access nozzle to remove and it's behind a plastic barrier. Can you remove the nozzle w out taking off the plastic piece underneath that is as long as the width of the hood? why are simple things so complicated?
That cowl panel shouldn’t be too difficult to pull. The guy who replaced my windshield had it off in just a few seconds. I’ve adjusted those nozzles in several of my previous trucks. For some reason, it drives me nuts when they don’t hit the sweet spot on my windshield. I had a new Freightliner chassis RV about fifteen years, and the nozzle location on that coach sucked, and there wasn’t a good location for the nozzle, because it just clamped on the metal arm. I disassembled and removed the arms, fabbed a small bracket the same width as the arm, and welded them right on the arms. Rattle-canned them black and then clamped the nozzles onto the arms. Took all of about thirty minutes from start to finish and worked like a champ at 70mph then. Everyone laughed at me until it was their time to drive and realized how good they worked. Sometimes, it’s the little things...
Old 06-14-2019, 07:13 AM

Thanks Wanna-Ride.

I looked up how to remove the cowl panel, plus you have to pull the wiper blades too at the motor pin. They used a tool for both pulling the panel and the wiper blades that I do not have, along w a long plastic pin and cap at the end of the cowl panel. I'll have to either figure those tools costs in the job vs having it done or seeing if I know someone that has the tools that I can borrow and return them w a nice gift card for some BBQ too...thanks again, tstex
The following users liked this post:
Wanna Ride (06-17-2019)

Quick Reply: how do you adjust ?