Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how do i change the code on the keypad entry??

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i change the code on the keypad entry??

i bought my truck used from a dealer, but i never got the code for the outside kepad entry. Is there a way to make a new code???
Old 11-02-2008, 12:24 AM
We'd do it

Received 448 Likes on 402 Posts

The code should be on a card in the factory manual booklet. If you don't have the book then there are others that say it is written in certain locations of the truck but I can't remember what those locations were. Someone should be around to tell you, or you can search to find the older posts on the subject. You can program a new code but the dealer has to do it.

Be sure to list your year truck so others can better help you.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:01 AM

alright thanks.

the truck is a 2006 lariat
Old 11-02-2008, 11:36 AM

The factory location of the code is on the door lock module located behind the rear seat (in my crew cab f150) It is directly on top of it. I found instructions on how to remove the seat by searching key terms within f150 forum.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:29 AM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

You cannot change to code, you can add a new code so that it's easier for you to remember but the old one will still work. You need the original code to program a second one. What year and cab configuration is your truck?

Originally Posted by kenmoore
The factory location of the code is on the door lock module located behind the rear seat (in my crew cab f150) It is directly on top of it. I found instructions on how to remove the seat by searching key terms within f150 forum.
Yep, this also applies with the crew cab too.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Humoctopus

You CAN Change the code if so inclined. it requires removing the keyless entry module and changing the resistors that determine the code. A little more work than it is worth though.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by whitecrystal1
You cannot change to code, you can add a new code so that it's easier for you to remember but the old one will still work.
So, if I buy used the original owner and anybody they may have told can access my truck?
Old 11-09-2008, 06:26 PM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tupperware
So, if I buy used the original owner and anybody they may have told can access my truck?
Yes... unless you go through the trouble and change the resistor in the keyless entry module like said above. I've never heard that was an option but it does make since that that is a way to wipe the old code and start fresh, other than just changing out the whole module.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:02 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Just a thought to eliminate original keypad number. Cut the wire from one of the pads buttons. Lt bl/yel is from the 1-2 button. Reprogram as mentioned earlier. Make sure it works. Now cut the wire from the 1-2 button. Just make sure the new combo does not use the button being eliminated. If I make my self clear.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:22 AM
Humoctopus

Originally Posted by Bill Wiltshire
Just a thought to eliminate original keypad number. Cut the wire from one of the pads buttons. Lt bl/yel is from the 1-2 button. Reprogram as mentioned earlier. Make sure it works. Now cut the wire from the 1-2 button. Just make sure the new combo does not use the button being eliminated. If I make my self clear.
Negative. Cutting the wire from a button that is part of the hard code after you set a soft code will only work temporarily. As soon as the battery is disconnected codes revert back to factory only. All soft codes are lost and need to be reprogrammed. With the cut wire, you would effectively dismantle the keypad feature. You could, of course, reconnect that wire (when you cut it put some connectors on each end for easy plug in/unplug), reset your soft codes, disconnect the wire. However, if you are going through that much trouble, you might as well reprogram the box by changing the resistors.

Quick Reply: how do i change the code on the keypad entry??