Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hit and run (but I'm not mad)

Old 11-06-2012, 12:26 PM

Received 58 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Hit and run (but I'm not mad)

Came out to my 2012 xlt the other day and saw that my westin bull bar was pressed right up tight against my truck. Clearly someone hit it pretty hard; probably while backing up.

No damage to my truck, I just have to re-adjust the bull bar, it just shifted, didn't bend. Hopefully the bumper of whoever hit me and left is mangled and has damaged paint

The good news: This truck is leased by my company, but given to me as part of my salary package. My boss made a slight comment the other day when he saw I put the bull bar on it (at the company's expense). Now I can easily justify this purchase since it saved the front end of my truck from a hit and run. Basically more than paid itself off.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice! That front-end damage can add up quickly. I had someone just clip my last pickup on the passenger front quarter and it was 2200. Good thing I had full insurance.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:06 PM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Dude its like Mexico City nowadays. Within 2 weeks of getting my new truck I had 3 scratches or dings in the doors just from parking at my apartment complex. I think we need HE/reactive armor
Old 11-06-2012, 08:50 PM

Received 531 Likes on 407 Posts

Apartment complexes are the WORST places to get dings/scratches/dents on your new ride. And generally the allocated space between the white lines aren't big enough for a big ole F150. when I used to shut my door, i could see the whole door panel on the exterior flex. Doesn't take much to dent!
Old 11-07-2012, 09:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone bumped my truck last week in a shopping mall parking lot....didn't eve leave a note on my windshield. Left a nice dent under the right tail light at the corner. I have only had the truck for about one month and only have about 1500 km (less than 950 miles) on it Not very happy as you can imagine. I buffed the white paint that was transferred onto mine, but there is some paint that got scraped off. I'm hoping to get the dent pulled/pushed out by Dent King or some other company that does that kind of thing.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:34 PM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by superccs
Dude its like Mexico City nowadays. Within 2 weeks of getting my new truck I had 3 scratches or dings in the doors just from parking at my apartment complex. I think we need HE/reactive armor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUVnNk0aJBE
Just a ****ty attitude out there with, 'Its not mine so I dont give a crap'. This is one reason I tweak my step bars to stick out a lil and always go with bull bars!

Wheres when you need him?!?!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hit and run (but I'm not mad)