Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi-res F150 logo?

Old 09-30-2010, 03:26 PM

Received 144 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Hi-res F150 logo?

Does anyone have, or know where I can find a high resolution image of the new F150 logo, like below? I'm looking for a better quality image so I can integrate it into my carputer's theme.

Thanks!

Old 09-30-2010, 04:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as from the internet thats probably as good as you will get. On a small carputer screen it should look fine IMO, if you clean it up a bit in photoshop. I've used files that small to make decals before and they turn out good after cleaning up the image a bit.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Geek-a-saurus Rex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's the biggest one Google Images pulls up.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:49 PM

Bummer. I may use that as a template and make my own if I can't find one. The skin I'm making for my CarPC's front-end software is pretty clean and detailed, and I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I'd like a better image, naturally...

I'm surprised Ford doesn't have any on their website.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:45 PM
Lineman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is a carputer?
Old 10-01-2010, 01:30 AM

A carputer is what it sounds like. It's a computer (like a laptop or desktop) but for your vehicle. Some people use it with their head unit, others (like myself) use it in place of the head unit. So it's like having the Ford Nav unit, but with more customization and features.

I am replacing my head unit with a 8" touchscreen. The computer itself is in my center console, and I have it setup to do navigation, music, internet, weather, diagnostics, media, bluetooth (phone, may use this instead of my sync unit), etc.

The cool thing is that at my house, I have a server with over a terabyte of music, and I'm constantly adding more. When I pull my truck into the driveway, the PC connects to the wireless internet and checks to see if there have been any files modified or added since it last checked. If not, then the carputer will go to sleep (doesn't consume much power at all), if yes, then it will update the music hard drive until completed. For whatever reason, if it takes much longer than it should and drains the battery, the power supply will shut off the PC if the battery reaches a predetermined capacity (like 25% or so).
Old 10-01-2010, 06:59 AM
DIABL0

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by eptesicus
A carputer is what it sounds like. It's a computer (like a laptop or desktop) but for your vehicle. Some people use it with their head unit, others (like myself) use it in place of the head unit. So it's like having the Ford Nav unit, but with more customization and features.

I am replacing my head unit with a 8" touchscreen. The computer itself is in my center console, and I have it setup to do navigation, music, internet, weather, diagnostics, media, bluetooth (phone, may use this instead of my sync unit), etc.

The cool thing is that at my house, I have a server with over a terabyte of music, and I'm constantly adding more. When I pull my truck into the driveway, the PC connects to the wireless internet and checks to see if there have been any files modified or added since it last checked. If not, then the carputer will go to sleep (doesn't consume much power at all), if yes, then it will update the music hard drive until completed. For whatever reason, if it takes much longer than it should and drains the battery, the power supply will shut off the PC if the battery reaches a predetermined capacity (like 25% or so).
you are my hero
Old 10-01-2010, 07:08 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

wtf is this world coming to
..... edit.. i want one
Old 10-01-2010, 05:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I want details on how to make this. Im assuming you built the carputer? Ive built many of computers before. Im just curious as to how you get everything to sync together (ie: GPS and phone bluetooth). Sorry to lead astray the topic.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:15 PM
NOM NOM NOM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Can you come to my house and set the clock on my VCR ??? LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hi-res F150 logo?