Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with contacting Ford

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 05:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help with contacting Ford

Hi all. Hope you all are well.
So I contacted Ford yesterday regarding a terrible start to my new Ford Certfied PreOwned Screw. Less than 15 miles from the dealer after driving off the lot I got an awkward sound from under the car that sounded like I had some serious off road tires on the truck along with a vibration in both the steering wheel and gas pedal. I didn't notice this during test drives because the roads/highways around the dealer max out at 55mph. I got it up to about 60 with zero noticeable issue. On the way home after getting on an interstate with a 65mph speed limit I immediately noticed between 67-70 mph I got the very significant sound and vibration.
After dropping off at a different dealer closer to home and to where I was, I was told from my dealership I purchased the truck at that it was most likely a tire balance issue on the new wheels/tires that went on the truck. Well, that wasn't the issue and then I researched here and realized I might be in for a very disappointing experience as this is a 6.5 ft bed 2015 truck. The same one that has thousands of comments on at least 8-10 threads I've found regarding similar issues.
Anyhow after having the truck a few days they suspected they found the problem and said that the rear drive shaft would be replaced. This was Friday at about 1:20pm and the dealer said the part would most likely be in Monday. Monday came, no part. I'm told it will be in Tuesday. Tuesday comes, I'm told no part, tomorrow. It's now been a week since I drove off the lot in my 35K truck
That's when I called ford customer relations voicing my major concern and displeasure. I get told I will be contacted by the Regional Customer Service Rep.and that a case was opened. Today this gentleman called and after hearing me out basically said it wasn't his responsibility to contact dealer franchises and lean into or discipline them. I said I don't want discipline but I want help. Why is this part taking so long and why do I keep being told tomorrow. I then say why was my original dealership selling the 172 pt certfied pre owned inspection so hard if they clearly didn't even follow the steps outlined on Ford's company website?? His answer, I'm not totally versed on the CPO program warranty so I cannot really comment on that, all I can do is work with you on making sure your truck is repaired. I said well how are you doing that? You keep telling me you cannot call the dealer and advocate for me. He finally agreed to call the dealer where the truck is being repaired at and attempt to find out why the part is delayed. I thanked him. This was at 12:30 PM EST. I have heard nothing since!! Very disappointed. I told him I was supposed to go camping up in Maine leaving Friday and that I need a truck to tow my pop up camper not a Ford Taurus rental car. We've had this vacation planned for 3 months, I have no idea what I am going to do.
Do any of you have another number for someone who can really make something happen and show some legit concern for my problem. This regional Rep simply showed a lack of empathy or real concern for my experience. And by his non follow up call regarding the delivery of the drive shaft just made me lose confidence in his effort to helping me.

Sorry for the long post. It is just very disheartening that this is happening. I am a BIG Ford fan as my last 3 vehicles have been Fords, but I have to tell you this is quickly making me question things regarding their customer service etc.
Thanks for any help

Last edited by Mrr2011Lariat; 08-08-2018 at 05:55 PM.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:04 PM

Received 167 Likes on 82 Posts

Last edited by 1sharphook; 01-10-2022 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:01 PM

Considering I was told the parts would be in Monday, then Tuesday, then Wednesday only for it not to happen is the main issue. I think I clearly outlined the others.
And yes seeing as I only get 2 weeks a year for vacation with my kids, not having a truck to tow our camper and losing our vacation is a life changing experience. My niece has lymphoma and only has 2-4 years left. I’m not looking forward to missing family time with her.
Thank you for the kind helpful response. Much appreciated.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:16 PM

Received 167 Likes on 82 Posts

Last edited by 1sharphook; 01-10-2022 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:27 PM

Again. Thank you.
Warm Regards
Old 08-08-2018, 11:37 PM

Received 177 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrr2011Lariat
Considering I was told the parts would be in Monday, then Tuesday, then Wednesday only for it not to happen is the main issue. I think I clearly outlined the others.
And yes seeing as I only get 2 weeks a year for vacation with my kids, not having a truck to tow our camper and losing our vacation is a life changing experience. My niece has lymphoma and only has 2-4 years left. I’m not looking forward to missing family time with her.
Thank you for the kind helpful response. Much appreciated.
Unfortunately that is how life goes sometimes. I was backed into when leaving for a family vacation earlier this summer and not only had to cancel the vacation, but I was in a loaner for almost a month. Ford does not have an obligation to meet your timeline because you had a vacation planned. It is up to you to have a backup plan (rent another truck, borrow a family members, etc.). Does it suck? Yes, no doubt, but the only fault here is your local dealer giving you unrealistic dates for parts arrival, which you need to bring up to your dealer and their management, not Ford corporate.

As soon as you took the truck off the lot you assume liability for repairs unless covered by a warranty defined at the time of purchase. It is also on you to bring the truck to another shop to have checked out prior to purchase or have some way to idependently verify the inspection Ford lists. As far as I know, none of Fords warranties or CPO warranties say anything about expectation for parts to arrive - it’s just not possible to make that kind of a guarantee.

I don’t know how Ford does it, but one of my relatives works for a GM shop and they do not get paid for the inspections, so naturally the inspections are done quickly (quickly = things overlooked) so that they can move onto a job that actually pays.

Last edited by nerdh3rd; 08-08-2018 at 11:43 PM.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by nerdh3rd

Unfortunately that is how life goes sometimes. I was backed into when leaving for a family vacation earlier this summer and not only had to cancel the vacation, but I was in a loaner for almost a month. Ford does not have an obligation to meet your timeline because you had a vacation planned. It is up to you to have a backup plan (rent another truck, borrow a family members, etc.). Does it suck? Yes, no doubt, but the only fault here is your local dealer giving you unrealistic dates for parts arrival, which you need to bring up to your dealer and their management, not Ford corporate.

As soon as you took the truck off the lot you assume liability for repairs unless covered by a warranty defined at the time of purchase. It is also on you to bring the truck to another shop to have checked out prior to purchase or have some way to idependently verify the inspection Ford lists. As far as I know, none of Fords warranties or CPO warranties say anything about expectation for parts to arrive - it’s just not possible to make that kind of a guarantee.

I don’t know how Ford does it, but one of my relatives works for a GM shop and they do not get paid for the inspections, so naturally the inspections are done quickly (quickly = things overlooked) so that they can move onto a job that actually pays.
Thank you for the respectful response. I agree the local dealers are at fault. I wasn’t looking for Ford to move mountains. I was just hoping their customer relations department would be able to communicate with a dealer and possibly expedite the part since I was given a false expectation 3 times.
Also while I partially agree that I take liability once I drive off the lot, I would also think that the dealership has an obligation to back their promise as well. In my case I was told that the reason my truck was about $1500 higher than comparative trucks was because the dealership certified it to Fords highest standards(I obviously know some of this was just **** they were slinging as it isn’t my first rodeo). They raved about the 172 point certification standards and how they went “completely” through the truck.
Where Ford comes in is I received an email from Ford Motor Company promoting a Certified preowned promotion. When I clicked on the link it brought me forward to the corporate website which outlined the 172 point process. Part of this process is test driving a vehicle at high-speed‘s. Clearly the dealership did not do that and uphold Ford’s standard. Again I would think Ford Motor Company would want to know when this occurs.
Anyway, hopefully this gets resolved soon. Two of the members here messaged me with contacts at Ford. I will make a call tomorrow and share my experience.
Thanks again for your response.

Last edited by Mrr2011Lariat; 08-09-2018 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:49 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Seems like towing a trailer safely at 55 - 60 is fine based on your comments. Get the truck, go on the trip, then bring the truck back after. Few trailers can be safely towed at 70, and many trailer tires are rated only for slower speeds.

You would have had more leverage at the selling dealer.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:28 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

The timeline seems reasonable.
Did the dealership give you a loaner?
Old 08-09-2018, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 4,141 Likes on 2,840 Posts

as a ford parts guy, did the dealer tell you if the part was backordered? Did they give you any updates? I can tell you Ford calling the dealership will probably do nothing, The dealer should be contacting ford parts assistance and asking where it is, unfortunately now its just a waiting game. I would call the dealer and ask if they submitted anything to the parts assistance center

Quick Reply: Help with contacting Ford