Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard time hearing your Turn Signals?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 08:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Hard time hearing your Turn Signals?

Are you having a hard time hearing your turn signal indicator over your radio and A/C? Or are you getting old like me and its a combination of all of the above??? Not wanting to look like one of those dummies that runs down the highway with his turn signals constantly staying on like I found myself doing the other day, I went ahead and bit the bullet and bought me a turn alarm..........

http://www.turnalarm.com/

I aint no way affiliated with them or nothing but must admit it seems like a damn good product after installing it this afternoon. I drive an 05 F-150 and used the instructions found in this Youtube video for changing out your turn signal relay.................

It kinda sounds like a forklift backing up (not as loud though) now when you use your signals but it damn sure keeps you aware. My "05 used model #607 and I think my "97 uses the same one, gonna have to get one for it now also. Not sure about other year models but I think they are pretty standard. I tried to figure out what model relay is used in my "15 Dodge Challenger but apparently the newer model vehicles don't even use a relay no more besides I think they all have self canceling turn signals anyway. Just a tip for anyone who might be interested. Later..........HD

Last edited by HDCowboy; 06-18-2019 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:01 PM

Received 1,284 Likes on 902 Posts

Didn't know they made any noise. I'm 95% hearing loss in my right ear, about 10% loss in the left ear. But I don't view it as a problem. They turn themselves off most of the time and with the extra blinkers on side view mirrors I'm not likely to go far before noticing that they are still on.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:40 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

The blinkers in my truck are annoyingly loud from the factory and I also have mild hearing loss in both ears. My eyes however work great with the help of prescription glasses and I always scan my gauges when driving.
Old 06-19-2019, 12:11 PM

Well I must admit after driving my truck to work this morning the new turn signal relay is so loud its annoying, think about going back to stock!!
Old 06-19-2019, 06:53 PM

Received 387 Likes on 284 Posts

I also can't hear my turn signals clicking.
IMO the louder the better, its only temporary.
Sometimes i can't remember whether i enabled the turn signal and have to look at the hard to find LED arrow to make sure its blinking.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:03 PM

I figured this afternoon it's basically a regular turn signal relay with a little horn/beeper thingy soldered on at the rear. Putting a little duct & electrical tape over the back where the sounds comes from you can deaden the sound to your liking to where it aint so annoying. I think I might stick with it now!

Quick Reply: Hard time hearing your Turn Signals?