Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

haha GAS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 09:34 AM
2006 SuperCrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default haha GAS!!!

so yeah i just pumped gas this morning and here in Houston Texas its at $3.35 a gallon for Prem, its killing me! lol, i also have a heavy foot, but seeing the gas now made me think twice about hitting it at evey light lol, i herd that if you keep your RPM under 2k when taking off, its sopose to help with gas milage, has anybody herd the same or diff?
Old 02-28-2008, 10:29 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, it makes a hell of a difference. Between keeping it under 2k at take off, and under 65 on the highway, I have been able to pick up 5 mpg verses driving like you do.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:56 AM
bleeds black and gold!!

i know that under 65 on the highway has made a huge difference in everything i've driven, from the truck and trailer i drive at work to my wife's saturn. makes you real unpopular on the road though!

where i live most evrything is two lane 45 mph country road, my whole trip to and from work is that way, and that's where the milage is best. the city and highway #s the epa uses don't mean much to me cause i don't drive either on a daily basis. there should be hillbilly mpg too... top speed 50 mph, lookin out for deer, beer between your knees (not my knees of course!!), ya know... you'll get 20mpg, but won't get anywhere fast!
Old 02-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Going Postal!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by The Professor
so yeah i just pumped gas this morning and here in Houston Texas its at $3.35 a gallon for Prem, its killing me! lol, i also have a heavy foot, but seeing the gas now made me think twice about hitting it at evey light lol, i herd that if you keep your RPM under 2k when taking off, its sopose to help with gas milage, has anybody herd the same or diff?
switch to the cheap stuff. you may get better mileage. Our trucks werent designed to run on a high octane fuel.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:50 AM
2006 SuperCrew

Originally Posted by 04Screw
switch to the cheap stuff. you may get better mileage. Our trucks werent designed to run on a high octane fuel.
ARE U SERIOUS? THE F%#king dealership guy that sold me the truck said to run the truck on prem. i think i might us regular next time. thanks !
Old 02-28-2008, 11:51 AM
2006 SuperCrew

Originally Posted by Ty
Yes, it makes a hell of a difference. Between keeping it under 2k at take off, and under 65 on the highway, I have been able to pick up 5 mpg verses driving like you do.
thanks !
Old 02-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Going Postal!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by The Professor
thanks !

yeah there made for 89octane. Its in the manual!!! i also didnt know how to turn the belt minder off for the passenger side seatbelt. I went to see my friends at ford, they told me that too is in the manual!!!

Those pesky manuals are good for something after all
Old 02-28-2008, 12:58 PM

Received 211 Likes on 191 Posts

With gas projected to hit the $4 per gallon mark, I suggest there's going to be a lot of questions about improving fuel economy in the near future.

I figure that driving habits are amongst the cheapest and easiest to implement with almost guaranteed results. I know I've gotten a lot more 'grandma-like' in puttering around.

Is there some kind of performance package on your truck? I was of the opinion that pretty much all the newer engines were set up to run on 87 octane, unless supercharged or some other type of upgrade?
Old 02-28-2008, 01:34 PM
2006 SuperCrew

Originally Posted by wde3477
With gas projected to hit the $4 per gallon mark, I suggest there's going to be a lot of questions about improving fuel economy in the near future.

I figure that driving habits are amongst the cheapest and easiest to implement with almost guaranteed results. I know I've gotten a lot more 'grandma-like' in puttering around.

Is there some kind of performance package on your truck? I was of the opinion that pretty much all the newer engines were set up to run on 87 octane, unless supercharged or some other type of upgrade?
nope no perfomance package on my truck! bone stock!
Old 02-28-2008, 01:38 PM

If gas hits $4 a gallon, I'll be parking my truck and getting a Mini Cooper.

Quick Reply: haha GAS!!!