General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grinding Noise/Power Steering Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 02:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Grinding Noise/Power Steering Issue

I am having an issue with my truck. While driving at 15 mph or faster, there is a grinding noise coming from the front driver's side area. It only happens when I turn left or right and the degree of turn doesn't matter. I feel the grinding in the gas pedal and hear it. Sounds extremely horrible. Also, when I turn the wheel all the way to the right to turn into a parking spot or something, it whines awfully. Also, when I am in a parking lot trying to park or just turning, at less than 5 mph, the power steering quits working and makes parking nearly impossible. Also having an issue with the hub, cv axle and inner brake pad going bad on the front driver's side. I have replaced the cc axle twice in 3 years as well as the hub and it seems about every 8 months I have to replace the brake pads because the inner pad has worn to nothing and is grinding, while the outer pad is wearing normally. I have replaced the caliper twice as well. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you
Old 09-10-2015, 03:00 PM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Lightbulb

1) HINT/TIP: You'll find posting in the

< appropriate year of your vehicle >
section (below) more helpful/appropriate than General F150 Discussion posts.

2)

Eenie meenie chilli beanie,
the spirits are about to speak!

And the year, model, cab, trim, engine, wheelbase, _x4 drive, etc. of your F-150 is ?????

HINT/TIP: Put your vehicle information in your sig' -OR- provide it in your posting(s).

*Telepathic or Carnac we're not.

Quick Reply: Grinding Noise/Power Steering Issue