Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greatest benefit of Tuners?

Old 06-11-2012, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Greatest benefit of Tuners?

OK, I'm new to the Ford family, always having owned Chevys. My question is "What is the purpose of the tuner?" Is it for horsepower gain or fuel economy or both? If so, how much of either can one expect from a 5.4, which seems to be fine in both departments, if a tuner is installed and properly programmed?
My "new to me" truck is a 2010 SuperCrew F150 with 51K.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:01 PM

Received 68 Likes on 63 Posts
Default hi

Originally Posted by NU2F150
OK, I'm new to the Ford family, always having owned Chevys. My question is "What is the purpose of the tuner?" Is it for horsepower gain or fuel economy or both? If so, how much of either can one expect from a 5.4, which seems to be fine in both departments, if a tuner is installed and properly programmed?
My "new to me" truck is a 2010 SuperCrew F150 with 51K.

subscribed....

i'm in the same boat buddy....

to me, it's both. all depends on what you want, and how you want it.... kinda like a hot chick with a STD, you know you want to do it, but you're scared you'll wreck something.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm getting a DiabloSport inTune in the mail today I can come back and let you know what happens. But what I've read is it add horses, better mpg, if you tow there's a tow package tune. If you have aftermarket parts you can optimize those parts. Firmer shifts in the tranny which what they say make it last longer. And I'm sure there more.

::it's going on my 01 5.4 supercrew::

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Greatest benefit of Tuners?