Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

glasspack is to quiet please help me!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry glasspack is to quiet please help me!

allright so i bought a thrush glasspack it is rather long not sure the actual length, and i knew you had to burn them out to make the louder, but i put it on anyways it was alot quieter after i installed i was running staitpipe after the ypipe dumped out the side befor the rear axle with a 4" tip n it sounded nice n now its really quiet, so i climed underneither took off my piping after the glasspack and it sounded awesome better then the strait out the side (it wasnt just the drone every one notisted it was louder)! so i put the 4" tip on with a bit of a down turn but its really quiet again! im alittle confused of how putting a tip on or running extrapipe to dump out the side (glasspack is right off the y pipe) really makes it that much quiter! i spray it with cold water to try n break the finberglass quicker but i think my last resort is to take it off and litterly pour the gas inside of it and let it cook.
another thought would my sound be muffled and quieter if i ran 2.5" pipe befor the glasspack, because i have some after and its quiter!
im kinda ilegal running my glasspack with out the down turn n tip because it dosnt go past my cab i just want it to be loud but legal!
Old 06-10-2013, 11:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Cut 2 of your cat converters out and leave the glass pack on and it'll be loud and sound good
Old 06-10-2013, 11:50 PM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by opfdfire
Cut 2 of your cat converters out and leave the glass pack on and it'll be loud and sound good
BAD idea. There are too many reasons not to cut out the cats the most important is how the O2 sensors read the fuel burnt running thru them and adjust the vehicles fuel mixture. The glass pack is full of fiber glass and it will deaden the sound of the exhaust. With no back pressure of a tail pipe the exhaust goes straight thru the muffler. With a tail pipe the longer the pipe the more back pressure there is on the muffler the quieter it gets. If you can wait a few months it will burn out the glass and get louder. My dual 48 " glass pacs have NO glass after 4 years and it's nice and raspy.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:16 PM
I LIKE TRUCKS

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by kylepeedle
allright so i bought a thrush glasspack it is rather long not sure the actual length, and i knew you had to burn them out to make the louder, but i put it on anyways it was alot quieter after i installed i was running staitpipe after the ypipe dumped out the side befor the rear axle with a 4" tip n it sounded nice n now its really quiet, so i climed underneither took off my piping after the glasspack and it sounded awesome better then the strait out the side (it wasnt just the drone every one notisted it was louder)! so i put the 4" tip on with a bit of a down turn but its really quiet again! im alittle confused of how putting a tip on or running extrapipe to dump out the side (glasspack is right off the y pipe) really makes it that much quiter! i spray it with cold water to try n break the finberglass quicker but i think my last resort is to take it off and litterly pour the gas inside of it and let it cook.
another thought would my sound be muffled and quieter if i ran 2.5" pipe befor the glasspack, because i have some after and its quiter!
im kinda ilegal running my glasspack with out the down turn n tip because it dosnt go past my cab i just want it to be loud but legal!
Just get an x pipe. They are good and loud

Quick Reply: glasspack is to quiet please help me!